Thread: Cant figure out the mission editor | Forums

I read somewhere "the mission editor is easy to use", maybe its me, I cant figure it out , I find it to be very non-user friendly, dev team,you gotta make things easier, game is awsome, the rule book and mission editor are a dissappointment
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

There's a manual for the mission editor on the DVD. Maybe you will find the editor "easy to use" after reading it.

It's very easy when you know how to use it

Here's a few tips to get you started:

For a new mission, you best click on new first (blanco/white button on top left)

you have mousewheel?-- use it to zoom in and out on the map- where your mousepointer is, that's where your map will zoom in.

on the right you have all ships etc you can place-- leftclick on the one you want, hold mousebutton and drag and drop on the map- a new window opens for properties, should be self-explaining

once you dropped the ship on the map, right click on it and select waypoints, click, click click.. there-you have waypoints now for that ship

when you put a sub for yourself, don't forget to check the human control in the properties window

save (careful not to overwrite original missions, give it a unique name), and load... there, THAT easy

And like Hertston said too, reading a manual can do wonders

Good hunting!

Just a couple more questions. I read through the docs but some of it is difficult to grok.

How do you zoom in and out on the map without a mouse-wheel? I am trying to use editor on my backup machine that only has a two-button mouse. I was able to zoom in by using right button and dragging out a box, but couldn't zoom back out.

The surface ships are surprisingly well-modelled, with turning screws and underwater effects, as you can see in the Museum feature. I also noticed that the Museum uses an actual MIS file, contained in DATA\MUSEUM directory. I realize there are no interiors modelled, but can the player spawn any of the surface craft?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WilliamDu:
    Just a couple more questions. I read through the docs but some of it is difficult to grok.

How do you zoom in and out on the map without a mouse-wheel? I am trying to use editor on my backup machine that only has a two-button mouse. I was able to zoom in by using right button and dragging out a box, but couldn't zoom back out.

The surface ships are surprisingly well-modelled, with turning screws and underwater effects, as you can see in the Museum feature. I also noticed that the Museum uses an actual MIS file, contained in DATA\MUSEUM directory. I realize there are no interiors modelled, but can the player spawn any of the surface craft? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can zoom in and out with the - and + keys on keypad too

as far as I can tell, you can place all the ships that are in the game-- in missions too, and define their time of appearance (timed spawn).. i.e. immidiately at mission start or at certain time during the mission