Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: swastikas missing? | Forums

It looks as though the swastikas have disappeared from the german capital ships. I thought they were going to keep them in the English/US versions? They look silly with just a white circle. NOT HISTORICAL!!!!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Yes when I was playing the Bismark single missions today I noticed that the swastika was m issing. I am hoping someone will make a little fix for this. It does look odd just having a white circle only.

hehehe.... I noticed that also. And on the front cover of the recognition manual there's a German eagle badge with an empty ring....

That's just wrong, I hate it when people literally try to erase history because it is inconvenient.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by archer49d:
    That's just wrong, I hate it when people literally try to erase history because it is inconvenient. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In some countries its the law, you want to sell SHIII in Germany for example you can`t have any Nazi symbols by law. I think its more to do with trying to discourage the continued use of these symbols/concepts by certain modern day groups rather than a case of erasing history though.

I,m not even going to bother!

Asus Crosshair V Formula-z gaming mother board
    AMD FX Vishera 4.0 GHz 8 core proccessor

2 Asus Nvidia 660 GTX's
    G.Skill Trident X series DDR3 2400 16 gig ram.
    WS Raptor 300 gig hard drive
    Lian Li Black Aluminum ATX mid tower case.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BobV_07:
    I,m not even going to bother!

http://adjunct.diodon349.com/photopoint/0037/0046.jpg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhh, but you did bother hehehehe
    "Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Thats right Germany is not allowed to have the Nazi symbols but the English/US versions of this game were going to have them in. See the Bismarck in the SH3 First Trailer video? They were rightfully there.

I own Medal Of Honor, Call Of Duty and Castle Wolfenstein here in the UK with the swastikas present. What makes this game any different?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mw2000:
    Thats right Germany is not allowed to have the Nazi symbols but the English/US versions of this game were going to have them in. See the Bismarck in the SH3 First Trailer video? They were rightfully there.

I own Medal Of Honor, Call Of Duty and Castle Wolfenstein here in the UK with the swastikas present. What makes this game any different? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All three of those are FPS`s which sell a lot more and have higher budgets and can therefore do localised versions for different countries would probably be a pretty good guess as to why.

Maybe there is a way to turn them on in a config file, a la the ships crew in Pacific Fighters. In Neal's preview of the dynamic campaign on Subsim, the swastika is visible in the pic of the sinking friendly he took out. I realize that was beta, but you never know.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast