Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: swastikas missing? | Forums

It looks as though the swastikas have disappeared from the german capital ships. I thought they were going to keep them in the English/US versions? They look silly with just a white circle. NOT HISTORICAL!!!!!!

Yes when I was playing the Bismark single missions today I noticed that the swastika was m issing. I am hoping someone will make a little fix for this. It does look odd just having a white circle only.

hehehe.... I noticed that also. And on the front cover of the recognition manual there's a German eagle badge with an empty ring....

That's just wrong, I hate it when people literally try to erase history because it is inconvenient.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by archer49d:
    That's just wrong, I hate it when people literally try to erase history because it is inconvenient. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In some countries its the law, you want to sell SHIII in Germany for example you can`t have any Nazi symbols by law. I think its more to do with trying to discourage the continued use of these symbols/concepts by certain modern day groups rather than a case of erasing history though.

I,m not even going to bother!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BobV_07:
    I,m not even going to bother!

http://adjunct.diodon349.com/photopoint/0037/0046.jpg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhh, but you did bother hehehehe

Thats right Germany is not allowed to have the Nazi symbols but the English/US versions of this game were going to have them in. See the Bismarck in the SH3 First Trailer video? They were rightfully there.

I own Medal Of Honor, Call Of Duty and Castle Wolfenstein here in the UK with the swastikas present. What makes this game any different?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mw2000:
    Thats right Germany is not allowed to have the Nazi symbols but the English/US versions of this game were going to have them in. See the Bismarck in the SH3 First Trailer video? They were rightfully there.

I own Medal Of Honor, Call Of Duty and Castle Wolfenstein here in the UK with the swastikas present. What makes this game any different? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All three of those are FPS`s which sell a lot more and have higher budgets and can therefore do localised versions for different countries would probably be a pretty good guess as to why.

Maybe there is a way to turn them on in a config file, a la the ships crew in Pacific Fighters. In Neal's preview of the dynamic campaign on Subsim, the swastika is visible in the pic of the sinking friendly he took out. I realize that was beta, but you never know.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast