Thread: game rules question (graw2 demo) | Forums

Banned
    im not completely farmiliar with some of the rules and conditions of the demo and there is no clear way to understand them so i gotta ask:

1) what does ut take for the ghosts to score a PARTIAL win? when the game ends with ghost getting a partial win i dont know what that means. how did they win? what does it take to win??
    how can the ghosts win if not all 3 adats are destroyed?

2) if there are some ghost members left when the time runs out but adats are still intact, who wins?

3) can the rebel scrambler be tagged himself?

4) what is the number to the right of the health bar?

5) i saw some ppl carring a supressed MP5 with a SCOPE. what class and rank does it take to get that gun?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

1) If you're Ghosts and destroy 2 out of 3 objectives. To win your team has to destroy 3 targets.

2) The Rebels win by default unless Ghosts score more by points, but that never really happens with the time given in most servers.

3) Yep they can be tagged...

4) There's a number? I'm not sure.

5) You can easily shoot an opposing faction and take their weapon... Gun shoppers are the best targets... LOL

Banned
    thanks for answering.

still, some things are not clear:

2) i saw really many cases where the ghosts destroyed 2 out of 3 adats and won, which brings another question:
    if one side won by score, like u said, HOW CAN U TELL IT?
    where is the score number? how can the rebel team know if to hunt the last ghost down guard the adat or wait for round over or how can the last ghost\s know if to go for the last ADAT or stay hidden (as boring as it may be)

3) so in order to get detagged than another scrambler needs to detag them? what a pitty. it seems like the should be able to detag themselves. it makes no sence what so ever...
    and it also makes that particular charecter type a lot less pick worthy.

4)u better be sure. no one knows what that is

5) i know i can take other weapons but under what conditions can i use it myself?! that answer of your didnt help much... :P

Here is an overview i've written for you all.

Recon vs Assault overview

The ghosts must destroy 3 adats within a limited time to win. Rebels win by defending the adats or killing all the ghosts. After each round, the teams switch sides automatically. All players in your team will have a blue marker on them. Tagged enemies have red markers on them. Tagged friendly players will have a purple marker on them.

=== Veterancy Point (VP) system ===

Veterancy are used to gain rank. There are several sources of getting VPs. direct kill, assist kill, assist ADAT, defend ADAT, tag enemy, detag friend, and victory. All are designed to give more points for teamwork and playing the mode as intended with further focus on the objectives.
    Assist kill: If a player, either recon or assault, has inflicted more than 50% damage on an enemy but that enemy is killed by a teammate, the player still gets VP as an assist point when this occurs. This is also in addition to a tagging bonus VP. The player can be dead and still receive this VP.
    Defend ADAT (assault only): This is awarded to any Assault player that kills a recon player within a close radius of an ADAT. By making a kill worth more near an adat it will help keeping the recon team off the ADAT, the Assault players will be more likely to keep to the objective.
    Assist ADAT (recon only): If a player is within the same radius of the ADAT being planted with C4, he will receive a bonus of 2 VP for having assisted the planter. This prevents the rush for the ADAT to score the objective bonus and the recon team can approach more tactically. The ones who will receive the bonus are those who where in the area as the timer was running, and the bonus is only awarded if the ADAT is destroyed.

VP for recon:
    Kill = 1
    Assist kill = 1
    Tag assist (tag leading to kill) = 1
    Detag = -
    Defend ADAT = -
    Assist ADAT = 2
    Destroy ADAT = 5(3+2)
    Victory = each recon player gets 2 per destroyed ADAT.

VP for assault:
    Kill = 3(always)
    Assist kill = 1
    Tag assist (tag leading to kill) = -
    Detag = 1
    Defend ADAT = 4(3+1)
    Assist ADAT = -
    Destroy ADAT = -
    Victory = each rebel player gets 5 per ADAT remaining.

At the end of a round the scoring reflects how many ADATs were defended or destroyed to further focus the teams on accomplishing the objectives.

=== Recon Overview: The ghosts ===

Killing:
    You get 1 point for killing a rebel. If you have inflicted more than 50% in damage on an enemy you still get assist points if he is killed by another player.

Death & Respawn:
    Ghosts only get 1 life to start with. If you die, you must wait until your team-mates destroys an adat, at which time you will respawn close to that adat. If all ghosts are dead the match ends, and team-score is given to the teams according to the number remaining adats. When dead you can enter deathcam by clicking on the deathcam button in the class selection screen. While dead you can tag enemy solders by aiming at the through the 360 deathcam. You switch between mounted and 360 deathcam by clicking the middle mousebutton.

Tagging:
    All Ghosts have the abillity to tag enemies they spot, placing a red marker on that soldier. Aim close to an enemy soldier to tag him. The black ops class can even tag through walls using a heartbeat sensor within 20 meters.
    Once tagged the enemy soldier will remain tagged for about 1 min. When a tagged soldier dies, the tagger gets 1 score for helping with the kill.

Destroying objective:
    In order to destroy an adat, you must run up close to it and press the action key to start planting C4. Planting takes 7 seconds, but will feel like an eternity. While planting you must aim close to the spot where the C4 is beeing placed, otherwise you will stop planting the C4, and you must begin all over again. When 7 seconds has passed, you can now detonate the C4 at will, by pressing the action key again. If you are too close to the blast-radius of the adat-explosion you will die. This gives you the choice to sacrifice yourself by blowing up the adat directly when the planting is finished. The player destroying the adat recieves 5 points for doing so. All ghosts in a close vincinity to the adat will recieve 2 points for assisting him. Directly after the first or the second adat has been destroyed, all dead ghosts respawns in close vincinity to it. ( When the third adat is destroyed the match ends, so nobody needs respawning) There is one exception though. If the ghost that blows up the adat sacrifies himself then he won't respawn at this time, he will have to wait until the next adat is destroyed. ( Since there would be no point for him to try and stay alive if he would respawn the second after suiciding himself) When an adat is destroyed, 3 minuites is added to the round-time.

=== Assault Overview: The rebels ===

Killing:
    You get 3 VP for killing a ghost. (unless the ghost is inside a abjective zone, then you get 3+1 = 4 points for the kill.
    If you have inflicted more than 50% in damage on an enemy you still get assist points if he is killed by another player.

Death & Respawn:
    Rebels have infinite number of lives, but have to wait for several second in order to respawn when dead. The time is team-based so all dead rebels spawn at the same time at regular intervals. Hence, depending on when you die you can therefore have to wait between 0 and 25 seconds in the beginning of the game. This respawn time grows for each adat that is lost. Depending on how many adats that have been destroyed the respawn time is...
    - 3 adats remaining - respawn time is 25 seconds
    - 2 adats remaining - respawn time is 35 seconds
    - 1 adats remaining - respawn time is 45 seconds

From the beginning of the game assault has 3 different spawning locations, where each player will randomly spawn.
    For each adat destroyed one spawning location is removed for the assault.

Tagging:
    Rebels cannot tag, but the scrambler class have the abillity to remove tags. In order to remove a tag you need to be within 20 meters from the tagged soldier, aim close to him and press middle mouse button. You'll recieve 1 point for removing a tag. The scrambler is the only class that can see if his teammates are tagged or not. Tagged friends markers change color from blue to purple.

Defending objective:
    The objectives must be defended at all costs. If you kill a ghost in close vincinity to an objective, you get an extra Vp for doing so. (3 + 1 = 4 VP)

=== Match scoring system ===

Recon scores one point for each ADAT they destroy and Assault scores one point for each ADAT
    defended at round end. The round never results in a tie but always in total or partial victory for either side.
    Both teams get focused on the objectives since every ADAT is equally important.
    Here are the match-score points awarded after each round...

Assault: Adats remaning ->
    0 ADATS 0 points
    1 ADATS 1 point
    2 ADATS 2 points
    3 ADATS 3 points

Recon: Adats remaining ->
    0 ADATS 3 points
    1 ADATS 2 points
    2 ADATS 1 point
    3 ADATS 0 points

=== Joining game during mid-round===
    You are only allowed to spawn when:
    1) As recon, when an adat is destroyed.
    2) As assault, when the respawn timer is finished (0-45 seconds depending)

=== Matchtime VS roundtime ===

There is One ultimate Matchtime. You can play unlimited amount of rounds during this time if you play a RVSA or limited spawn game. If it's uneven rounds (i.e. 3,5,7..) when the matchtime is over ONE more round will be played.
    Also, if there is roundtime left when the match time is over (which is the case almost every time) the matchtime will be extended to the remaining time of the round.

Also notice that in RVSA the round time is extended 3 minutes when an adat is destroyed. The spawn time for Assault is also increased.

Thats most of it, if somethings missing, just ask.

-GRIN GeckoGore

Banned
    thanks for posting, gecko, but most of my questions remain an answered.

the overview helped varifying what i already know but i asked 5 questions (1 was answered. 4 remain unanswered) to which your input didn't help...
    sorry.

still confuesd.

Originally posted by topeira:
    thanks for answering.

still, some things are not clear:

2) i saw really many cases where the ghosts destroyed 2 out of 3 adats and won, which brings another question:
    if one side won by score, like u said, HOW CAN U TELL IT?
    where is the score number? how can the rebel team know if to hunt the last ghost down guard the adat or wait for round over or how can the last ghost\s know if to go for the last ADAT or stay hidden (as boring as it may be)

3) so in order to get detagged than another scrambler needs to detag them? what a pitty. it seems like the should be able to detag themselves. it makes no sence what so ever...
    and it also makes that particular charecter type a lot less pick worthy.

4)u better be sure. no one knows what that is

5) i know i can take other weapons but under what conditions can i use it myself?! that answer of your didnt help much... :P
    2) That has been changed back and forth during development. Gotta check in the code tommorow

3)As of now scramblers can't see/detag themself. Maybe later they will be able to detect if they themselves are tagged, but belive me scramblers are pretty good as it is. They can collect points very fast through untagging, and with good communication they can make the differance between win/loss for rebels.

4)It is the number of people left on your team. If you are a ghost and the number is 1, you are the last living ghost, with every other ghost in your deathcam screaming

5) Dunno must check.

-GRIN GecoGore

Thanks for the reply.. that number was really buggin me.

Also while i got you on the phone Gecko, why are the grenades so bouncy? i threw one at a dumpster cause i thought i saw an enemy, and it exploded 20 feet away... it bounced 20 feet from i wanted it to go... i expected it to hit the ground and roll 2 or 3 feet.

Banned
    aaaaaaaah.

thanks for replying, gecko. that cleared out a lot.

about the scrambler - i played it a lot because i believe that someone needs to play support rolls in a team. so i volunteered.

i did get points slightly faster but since there is no great weapons for the scrambler in higher ranks AND because i am tagged like everyone else, once i got to level 2 or 3 i switched to a class with better scoped weapons.
    the scrambler is useful as long as u r in rank 1.
    otherwise u, as a developer, are expecting too much of teamwork from players who dont know eachother (most of the time) and have no basic commands (like in BF2). not every online game is a clan game and the casual gamer should also have a reason to pick the weakes fighter too.

and if we make believe the scrambler has a detagging device that he points at ppl with to de-tag, than it makes no sense that he can't point at himself and click.
    i would at least expect the detagger to know if he, himself, is tagged (a little purple icon in the buttom or something).

i believe that something of this sort should be included in a patch after more feedback.

Originally posted by GeckoGore:
    Here is an overview i've written for you all.

-GRIN GeckoGore
    This is the best and most informative post I've read in this forum. Thanks for taking the time to do it. I hope you're getting paid.