Thread: Protection System Error #1450 | Forums

Hi, I just wondered if I am alone with my particular issue with this sodding game? Basically it has intalled ok, but when I try to run it I am immediately confronted with this error. I can't even get the the key code entry screen, it falls over before then!

Obviously I'm very annoyed by this. Anyone else suffering like this? Anyone know how to get around it? Pleeeeeeease help me!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi, I just wondered if I am alone with my particular issue with this sodding game? Basically it has intalled ok, but when I try to run it I am immediately confronted with this error. I can't even get the the key code entry screen, it falls over before then!

Obviously I'm very annoyed by this. Anyone else suffering like this? Anyone know how to get around it? Pleeeeeeease help me!!!

Ive had the same problem !!!!!

See the starforce thread http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=t...2&m=8631081492

Look for my posts as I did manage to get my install working albeit in an odd fashion

Just for information, the drive I am using is an NEC DVD-RW 3500.

Having read some other threads on this subject I tried putting in my old Pioneer DVD-104 DVD ROM drive. First attempt to run the game gave exactly the same error!

However, I just randomly tried again later on and it let me in! YAY! So I played for a few hours, and then went to bed feeling happy. Got up this morning, tried it again, and nothing. Back to the original error!!!!! WHAT THE F*CK IS WRONG WITH THIS GAME!!!?!??!

RESULT! I've figured out what's breaking it on my machine... For whatever insane reason it seem that it's my firewall that's causing StarForce to screw up!

I'm running Sygate Personal Firewall, and as soon as I stop it running the copy protection application runs ok. This is true for either of my drives, the NEC 3500, and the Pioneer 104S.

I hope this might help someone else who has been having serious grief like I have

Thats interesting, will see if my copy on my original drive will work tonight after turning off my zone alarm.

Odd that i will work from an external drive with zone alarm still on though.

Still its worth checking out.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Windows ERROR # 1450

Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. </span>

Simply put- you have something in the background running using up your resources that you want SHIII to use. Its like running Battlefield 1942 and SHIII and whatever at the same time.
    .â·âºâ·._________________________________________ ____________.â·âºâ·.
    The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
    Help someone. Share your knowledge. Information Integration!
    Above all - Never forget to keep on Smiling' Always!
    .â·â

Hmmmm, I'm not so sure Taskforce, but thanks for the response. It's not a windows error message that I get, rather an internal one from the Protection software, but then I guess it could just be returning the error up from the windows sub system.

But this happens after a fresh boot up, with nothing running at all...

Oh yeah, one other thing... My work around only works if my DVD drive is connected to the primary IDE channel as a slave device. Otherwise I get the error all over again!

Usually cd drives should be secondary master or slave. IDE 0 should be primary master or primary slave. Good catch though. Its a good lesson to use all with that problem.
    .â·âºâ·._________________________________________ ____________.â·âºâ·.
    The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
    Help someone. Share your knowledge. Information Integration!
    Above all - Never forget to keep on Smiling' Always!
    .â·â