Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: conviction_game.exe has stopped working | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

conviction_game.exe has stopped working

No idea what causes it my computer is almost aboved recommended configuration but I'm running on low because of lag. It happends every 20 minutes or so Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I have this problem too. The game crashes with this message for no reason. I'm using 10.4a drivers.
    Bioshock 1 and 2 use the same engine and I get way over 60FPS on those games. There is absolutely no excuse for low performance and crashes. The crashes are so random. I don't even ask for multiplayer. I would be happy if they just fix the crashing so I can finish deniable ops for crying out loud. Then I'll move on to multiplayer if I feel like playing with strangers. But the game just crashes for no reason. Really Ubisoft, how about a response to your faithful customers once in a while. You used to care once.

My specs:
    Windows 7 Ultimate 32Bit
    P5q Pro
    q6600 3.0Ghz I tried with default 2.4
    ASUS HD4850 1Gb
    2Gb DDR2 800Mhz

BUMP.

same here guys...=/
    need a fix ubi

pay 64,99 to play but i can´t help us

I think this is a memory leak issue. I don't see how it can be anything else.

Same problem here.

P5Q Deluxe, E8500, HD4870, Win7 Ultimate x64.

Hope a solution is on the way.

I'd like to add in that, whenever I change my graphic settings or resolution or anything and press back, the Game Launcher just shuts down. I hate this thing and should be removed. When it shuts off I'm back at my desk top or, there won't be a Game Launcher.

Originally posted by Improvizor:
    I think this is a memory leak issue. I don't see how it can be anything else.
    What makes you think it's a memory leak and for us non-programmers, what exactly is a memory leak?

I had an issue with frequent, random crashes. I turned out to be cause by overclocking the memory controller on my motherboard from 800 to 1066, even though the memory is rated to run at 1066.

A memory leak is a particular type of memory consumption by a computer program where the program is unable to release memory it has acquired.
    A memory leak can diminish the performance of the computer by reducing the amount of available memory. Eventually, in the worst case, too much of the available memory may become allocated and all or part of the system or device stops working correctly, the application fails, or the system slows down unacceptably.

Simply put, Conviction is using too much of your RAM and eventually it wants to use more then you have. That's when the game crashes. The longer you play the more RAM it will use, and you could notice FPS drops before your game crashes. But memory leak behavior is unpredictable, so one day you might be able to play for 2 hours before it crashes, and the next day you might only play for 20 minutes.

If the game does indeed have a problem releasing memory, rebooting the system periodically should help prevent issues.

I had a crashing problem which sometimes manifested with this error. Memory controller OC was the problem. Changed from 1066 to auto (800) and the problem was gone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast