Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mainstream-ization UBI games tally list. | Forums

Banned
    New and upcoming games...

1. Prince of Persia Warrior Within. More button mashing action, less platforming puzzles.
    2. Ghost Recon 2 (?). PC version is not out yet, so still there's hope
    3. Rainbow Six 4. No info on PC version, there might be hope.

:. Ubi is copying EA and Eidos's formula of making its game slanted to the mainstream. So far POP flops, while GR2 is doing okay.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Banned
    New and upcoming games...

1. Prince of Persia Warrior Within. More button mashing action, less platforming puzzles.
    2. Ghost Recon 2 (?). PC version is not out yet, so still there's hope
    3. Rainbow Six 4. No info on PC version, there might be hope.

:. Ubi is copying EA and Eidos's formula of making its game slanted to the mainstream. So far POP flops, while GR2 is doing okay.

Console players are in general a lot less picky about gameplay.

I'm a PC gamer. Any comments I make that don't specifically state a platform you can bet I'm referring to PC.
    3Sqn Forums
    [url=http://teambsr.com

rugg, i cant speak for all console players but when i do get a game for my xbox its all about gameplay. thats why i only buy 2 or 3 a year.
    doh well at least he'll read this. might as well just pushed connect.

p.s.
    i did go to the store monday, dead set on GR2, i couldnt get that video out of my head. i got COD.
    it still feels dirty but my cousin is really digging it, so GR2 when we finish.

XyZspineZyX
    I will agree Rugg that console gamers are less picky but must say its not the gameplay that were less fussy with, I as many i know (cant speak for those i dont) accept that consoles cannot be upgraded and during each consoles life the games can only go so far, but its graphics most are prepared to sacrifice for that not gameplay.

I dont feel that they are copying any one, its just a common thing, game styles change over time.R6 split to RS and GR, RS went to RVS, and now GR goes to GR2. Its like evolution in the gaming world.

Like ms said, before the x-box, what you buy at the store, is what you get, there were no patches, no mods etc. And even now with the x-box, you may get a few new maps, or some weps, but not much else.

And most PC gamers wont even buy a game any more without a demo. Were a picky bunch

ReCoN

XyZspineZyX
    We did get a fair amount of FREE download content from UBI on GRIT, but yes in comparison to the modding community on GR and other PC games its not much at all.

Really what kind of stuff?

Banned
    rs-rvs? well... you are a hell of a archaeologist. id never make that connection if it took all my life! its a near completely different game.

Tigre, most of the dl content for GRIT on xbl were Desert Seige maps. That and one extra called Mines, i beleive, that the pc gamers havent seen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast