Thread: Speed, cursor | Forums

In the demo, the cursor always shows in the top left corner. Dual 2ghz G5/2gb ram/Radeon 9800 Pro.

Which brings me to the second point. Wow Ubisoft you managed to make a game SLOW on Dual 2 ghz G5. My cursor on the main menu is so slow I miss buttons.

You managed to miss the idea of Myst - Fun puzzles, compelling content. Myst I was fun, addicting and ran on a IIcx without all of this 3D nonsense that makes your requirements so high that a purchaser of a NEW Mac can't play your *puzzle* game.

Whoever designed this engine and decided 3D look around was more important than people solving puzzles should be let go.

Steve
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

In the demo, the cursor always shows in the top left corner. Dual 2ghz G5/2gb ram/Radeon 9800 Pro.

Which brings me to the second point. Wow Ubisoft you managed to make a game SLOW on Dual 2 ghz G5. My cursor on the main menu is so slow I miss buttons.

You managed to miss the idea of Myst - Fun puzzles, compelling content. Myst I was fun, addicting and ran on a IIcx without all of this 3D nonsense that makes your requirements so high that a purchaser of a NEW Mac can't play your *puzzle* game.

Whoever designed this engine and decided 3D look around was more important than people solving puzzles should be let go.

Steve

I went ahead and bought the game, and the real game is much faster than the demo. Am not sure why the demo is so slow, but it should be rectified.