Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Caravan - please let it return | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

I like caravans too.

Random idea:
    How about making it so you can see them on the map and attack them ? Maybe neutrals wouldn't be able to, or you would choose where to stop the caravan (but they would be quite fast)... And it could only move from 1 point to another, nowhere else.

I'm tired of the fact that when I steal an enemy castle, 1 or 2 caravans are about to arrive... If it was possible to see them or block them, I could just kill the creatures right away, instead of having some enemies wandering around my castle.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Possible solution for "caravan", if no heroless armies are allowed. Some ideas can be used independently

Caravan allows:
    1) obtain reinforcements for dwellings
    2) send armies to other cities (no caravan at destination required
    3) increase city defence

Town without caravan has "Garrisson" army slot (heroless allowed)
    Caravan adds "Town gate" army slot (heroless allowed)

from caravan building you can:
    1) Create caravans from dwellings to this town
    2) Create caravans from this to other towns (no caravan building at destination reqired!)

Time of travel is calculated as before, but increased by 2 days per neutral army on path and by 4 days per enemy army on path (please, no road blocks by spawned neutral groups!).

When caravan arrives to your city
    if "auto-garrisson" option enabled, caravaned creatures are automatically transferred first to garrisson, then to town gate, joining stacks if possible).
    if "auto-garrisson" disabled or caravan can not be put into town, Caravan UI pops up. here you can:
    1) transfer creatures to and from caravan
    2) disband stacks
    3) make caravan hide for a day
    4) redirect it to other town (no caravan building here or at destination reqired!)

When caravan arrives to a city which is occupied by enemy, it automatically redirects to nearest friendly town. If no such town exist, heroless caravans are disbanded, presence of hero allows a caravan to become an army

when you are attacking a city with caravan building, you first battle town gate army. Battle takes place in the field, some fire support from castle is possible. After this army is defeated, you proceed to siege.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CapitaineNicool:
    IMHO that was the ONLY good feature in Heroes IV <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sadly, isn't it ?
    Well, it's good that Heroes 5 will be similar to Heroes 3. Back to the roots

My take on caravans.

Absoloutely prohibit attacking moving caravans on the map! It just adds senseless micromanagement and senseless battles. It very quickly becomes tiresome (and frustrating) to have 1 wolf attacked with a mighty army of hundreds of creatures. And to be honest this is the kind of uninteresting battles is what I think you would get most of the time.

In heroes 4 a hero with creatures could nearly always beat the 30 movement the caravan had. This because of stable bonuses, troughs, movement artifacts, and the pathfinding skills. Unless you had some catapults or ballistae in your army, you would be likely to beat the 30 speed the caravan gave you.

Also consider that the movement time considered the closest route when you set up a caravan which means that if a neutral or eney army blocked the closest route, you would be offered a route which could take several days extra.

As I see it the strong points of the caravan are:
    - They save slots for armies on the map.
    - They save you the menial task of visiting the structures over and over again.
    - They provide security to moved creatures.

I don't think you should be able to use caravans to and from every location on the map, but I think it could be considered to move them from and to any position which has a garrison.

I liked the caravan. But i wish it would have more options on route. For example "Bring every single creature is produced in a dwelling automatically.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    "Don't bother me...arghhh... i'm working on something."--BIG MEK--

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The_Vortex:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CapitaineNicool:
    IMHO that was the ONLY good feature in Heroes IV <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sadly, isn't it ?
    Well, it's good that Heroes 5 will be similar to Heroes 3. Back to the roots <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    nope, imho, there was a second good feature in h4 :
    i liked some troops' ability to cast spells very much...so there are two of them...

Esto, quod esse videns

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by loonyjoe:
    nope, imho, there was a second good feature in h4 :
    i liked some troops' ability to cast spells very much...so there are two of them... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In heroes 3 there were also units who casted spells (genies/master genies, enchanters) so that was not entirely new feature

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> In heroes 3 there were also units who casted spells (genies/master genies, enchanters) so that was not entirely new feature <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

true, but in Heroes iv you could choose the spell you wanted. But thats not the point of this thread.

I agree with pretty much everyone in that it should be in the game. Can anyone give me a reason why it shouldn't?
    The answer is 42

I agree with most: KEEP THE CARAVANS. However, it could be improved a little.
    -CyberViper

-- It is what it is --

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123