Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Caravan - please let it return | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

If there is one thing that stands out in my mind that Heroes IV beat Heroes III on is the addition of Caravans.

I hated the fact that in H3 if you flagged a dwelling, you would have to send someone each week to actually pick up the creatures, and if you didn't get there each week, the growth disappeared and started back to 1. Sometimes it was impossible to get them as they might be far away or your army was full.

At least in H4 you didn't have to worry about that and could transport everyone to the castle. Plus, the growth didn't automatically disappear after a week.

Any chance we'll be getting that caravan back?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Absolutly!!A Problem which 3DO has resolved very well!!!
    I would enjoy the caravans too!!!
    In Heroes 3 i always had 5 Heroes and 3 of them only to send them to my dwellings...That was really nerving!!
    Heroes for life!!

Yes, caravans were a good idea, they should be back in HoMM V
    Ich will nen Hotseat Modus
    I want a hotseat mode

Agree.
    That was one of the best changes in Heroes IV!

Although I liked the caravan, but it needs improvement. It takes the same time to travel from castle to castle if you do it manually and it should really take 1/2 the time. Second, when an enemy blocks the way you can't caravan so we should be able to beat them on the way instead sending another troop to defeat them.
    Don't AnGer Me ...
    You won't like it when I get angry ...

I aggree that this was one of the really good ideas for Heroes 4.
    If the basic game system stays like the previous games I hope this feature will return for Heroes 5.
    But perhaps we don't need it anymore...

I agree as well. I miss the caravans whenever I play an earlier Heroes game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Flamedragon:
    I aggree that this was one of the really good ideas for Heroes 4.
    If the basic game system stays like the previous games I hope this feature will return for Heroes 5.
    But perhaps we don't need it anymore... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We won’t know until HV comes out.

Yes, Caravans should be included in Heroes V, but please include a "Recruit them all" button, it was annoying to click every building and then click on the recruit button for 25+ captured dwellings (of course, you still could recruit one at a time if you want). I know this may bue useless if you don't want a specific unit, but anything is better than letting the enemy recruit them instead, so this was always something I've to use when I play Heroes IV

Anyway, including caravans in Heroes V probably means you could have creature armies without heroes, and I don't know if that will be possible on the final game (otherwise, recruited units which cannot be placed due the lack of space on the target town must dissapear wasting gold and resources)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Salventus:
    Although I liked the caravan, but it needs improvement. It takes the same time to travel from castle to castle if you do it manually and it should really take 1/2 the time. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    That's not true. The caravan moved 30 squares per day which is pretty much the speed that the very fastest creatures travel at, which makes sense.

I agree in bringing the caravan back. That was, IMHO, one of the best features in Heroes IV.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast