Thread: Blank screen Myst | Forums

On my old computer, which is running Windows XP, when I try to play the original Myst all I see is a blank when the game starts. All the opening sequences work perfectly and I can see the cursor and move around but I can't see where I'm going because the screen is blank. Strangely enough, Riven and Exile run perfectly with no problems whatsoever. I am using the 10th anniversary DVD edition edition if that makes any difference. If you need any other information please let me know. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    -John

Edit: I followed the advice of another post and uninstalled Myst, DirectX, and QuickTime, and then reinstalled them from the CD and rebooted the computer and the game is working fine.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

On my old computer, which is running Windows XP, when I try to play the original Myst all I see is a blank when the game starts. All the opening sequences work perfectly and I can see the cursor and move around but I can't see where I'm going because the screen is blank. Strangely enough, Riven and Exile run perfectly with no problems whatsoever. I am using the 10th anniversary DVD edition edition if that makes any difference. If you need any other information please let me know. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    -John

Edit: I followed the advice of another post and uninstalled Myst, DirectX, and QuickTime, and then reinstalled them from the CD and rebooted the computer and the game is working fine.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote