Thread: game crash | Forums

I have tried looking for a patch for this but maybe it is something i am doing wrong..I enter (not sure of the name) the world with all the catwalks in Myst Uru Complete chronicles. and can navigate fine but when ever i click on something to activate it the game crashes. please help. on a scale of 1-10 i would consider myself 5 in computer literacy. so please use laymans terms. btw love Myst have had all but 2 of the games.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: UruExplorer.exe
    Application Version: 63.12.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 40b53403
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_dd42
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 6323e000
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: dd42
    Additional Information 2: dd42ef14ad51418b83159da1f88dc002
    Additional Information 3: 5c88
    Additional Information 4: 5c885aaed591f9503df8a15bc82600e7

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink...=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Thank you,
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Welcome to the Forums!

In general,
    1. Install Uru to your C: drive.
    -- a. Be certain that Uru saves its game progress files to your C: drive.
    2. Start Uru from a fresh boot.
    -- a. Reboot, log into Windows, and close all open applications.
    -- b. Disable all anti-virus/spyware/adware/pop-up programs running in the background.
    ----- 1. Do NOT forget to re-enable your anti-virus/spyware/adware/pop-up programs after finished playing Uru.
    -- c. If you have only a software firewall, do NOT disable it.
    -- d. Do NOT run any other programs before starting Uru.
    3. Never boot up with a CD or DVD in the disc drive.
    4. If the Uru disc autostarts when inserted into the drive, cancel back to the Desktop.
    5. Always start Uru with the Desktop shortcut/start icon, NOT from the CD menu.

You may have hardware and/or driver problems. Please post a DxDiag report in this topic so that we can take a look at your system and make recommendations. For a how-to, see Uru: System Requirements and Posting Guidelines under POSTING GUIDELINES - To post a DxDiag report (scroll down).

Run all of the graphics and sound tests you can before saving the report to a file, and post *all* of the file. If the manufacturer and exact model number of your PC aren't shown under 'System Information', System Manufacturer and System Model at the top of the report, also include that information in your post.

NOTE: Anything that's underlined, and sometimes in bold-face type and/or a different color, is a link to another Internet site. Double-left-click on a link to go to its site.
    Heimdall
    Semper ubi sub ubi

BTW I got the crash fixed just went into uruexplorer and properties and swiched it to windows 7 but thank you for your help.