Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubi Sues Over Pirated Assassin's Creed | Forums

Ubisoft sues over Assassin's Creed leak.

Apparently an employee of the disk manufacturer snuck an early version of the PC version home and released it via the internet. Now Ubi wants money for breach of contract and damage to it's reputation due to reviews slamming Ubi for a crash part way through the game due to a bug that was purposely put there by Ubi.

Ubi has more to look at besides some jerk releasing pre-retail code into the wild. The quality of their recent games is less than desirable right now and this lawsuit will not make up for that. Maybe it's time for the heads of the company to take a deeper look into the reasons why their games are not selling well instead of blaming just piracy. While I haven't played it, I hear Assassin's Creed wasn't that great. We all know that Vegas and Vegas 2 had major problems and bugs in the first were not fixed for the second version.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Banned
    Interesting....this would mean that there are approx 700,000 folks out there that "acquired" the game by "naughty means" and that allow their games to "dial home", thereby placing themselves into the category of "clueless". That's quite staggering in itself ! Now add to that the number of folks that "acquired" the game and didn't let it dial home....700,250 copies were probably pirated !

Aaarrgghh me hearties !

Originally posted by WhiteKnight77:
    Ubisoft sues over Assassin's Creed leak.

Apparently an employee of the disk manufacturer snuck an early version of the PC version home and released it via the internet. Now Ubi wants money for breach of contract and damage to it's reputation due to reviews slamming Ubi for a crash part way through the game due to a bug that was purposely put there by Ubi.

Ubi has more to look at besides some jerk releasing pre-retail code into the wild. The quality of their recent games is less than desirable right now and this lawsuit will not make up for that. Maybe it's time for the heads of the company to take a deeper look into the reasons why their games are not selling well instead of blaming just piracy. While I haven't played it, I hear Assassin's Creed wasn't that great. We all know that Vegas and Vegas 2 had major problems and bugs in the first were not fixed for the second version.
    It's not even about piracy. It's potentially worst, if it was intentional. How many other developers got leaked through them?

This is VERY OLD NEWS

They were trying to repress several
    review websites since they gave a
    TRUTHFULL and finaly HONEST review
    of the game which the game companies dont
    like .

A lot of people have GIVEN UP on review
    commerical sites since for the most part
    always give a high mark review on all games
    and its hard to get a REAL HONEST review
    any more.

Another tatic is NOT to release a free demo
    thus this will get some stupid people
    to buy the game on false hope its not
    another peice of crap and buggy like the
    last few games in the series/by the same company
    Snoopyau on uPlay (SCC/SCB/GRFS) and Charliebrownau on Steam
    Looking for English speaking low ping teamwork players with mic from Australia/NZ/Asia:- http://www.thehighguild.com.au/
    *** UBISOFT ADD LAN MODE TO SCB AND GRFS + SERVER LOBBY BROWSER TO SCB + GRFS **
    ** I AM NOT AN OFFICAL MOD OR SUPPORT PERSON FOR GRFS , SCC or SCB , DONT PM ME **

Are you excited for Star Citizen upcoming crowd funded space game by Chris Roberts - https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

Thats a shame, Assassin's Creed is a really fun game by the way.

All the factors that make us human... can kill us.

Ubisoft is the one who should be sued for releasing unfinished, broken games and then abandoning it's games and gaming community.

I don't approve of pirated games and have never used one.
    I also don't know of anyone who has, but I just find it hard to have any sympathy for Ubisoft with their lack of support and lack of communication for Vegas 2 and other previous titles!!!!

Maybe they are getting what they deserve!!!

Pirating has nothing to do with supporting the games they have already released and players have paid good money for!!!

Ubisoft makes a ton of money for their ingame advertising, so even the pirated games create revenue for them.

Originally posted by Techbone:
    Thats a shame, Assassin's Creed is a really fun game by the way.
    Maybe at the beginning but then it got all boring and repetitive and the crowd stealth never worked anyways.

Sig made by Tidenburg
    [url=http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/393107431/m/8191037276?r=3101002576#3101002576]What do you think about the information and communication of Ubisoft

I don't advocate piracy but I don't feel sorry for UBI niether. They can blame themselves for piracy. Not releasing demos and releasing unifinished and buggy games cause people to turn to piracy as they don't want to pay for crap. I doubt very few of those 700,000 would of actually bought the game anyways.

One way to diminish piracy is to release a demo so people can try the game before buying it.

Another way is to provide an excellent multiplayer and coop online experience because that way you can at least control the online CD-keys and only have 1 unique CD-key logged in at one time.

If 700,000 people were logged as playing a pirated game UBI did not lose 700,000 X $60 per game. 95% of those people would never have forked over $60 in the first place.

UBI needs to quit crying and pointing fingers and start making quality games and communicating with the fans of those games.

If any UBI employee disagrees, then they should discus this here in an open forum and quit hiding. I have never seen a company full of so many employees that have such little pride for their employer that they just sit back and let us berate them without saying a word.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast