Thread: DARE.INI | Forums

Map Editor | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Far Cry 4 | Kyrat Tuk Tuk Stories [EUROPE]

Far Cry® 4 Arena Master [UK]

CGI Launch Trailer | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

Iam a bit of a noob when it comes to this, so quick run down. Bought fc2, didnt work. Trolled through the internet and found there was a lot of hype on creative sound cards and this game. Was wondering whats the dare.ini used for????
    Only i fixed the game changing that file, now it runs fine and there is dramtic performace increase. If anyone can tell me what this file does it would be very apprecaited.

Many Thanks
    System Spec:
    XP SP3
    AMD 3700+ 3.2Ghz
    2GB Corsair TWXMS DDR 599.7Mhz
    9600GT OCX2
    X-Fi Platium
    Realtek AC'97.(THIS WAS USED WHEN CREATIVE SOUND CARD DIDN'T WORK WITH THE GAME)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Dare.ini

Quote Originally Posted by LoWLogic View Post
    Iam a bit of a noob when it comes to this, so quick run down. Bought fc2, didnt work. Trolled through the internet and found there was a lot of hype on creative sound cards and this game. Was wondering whats the dare.ini used for????
    Only i fixed the game changing that file, now it runs fine and there is dramtic performace increase. If anyone can tell me what this file does it would be very apprecaited.

Many Thanks
    System Spec:
    XP SP3
    AMD 3700+ 3.2Ghz
    2GB Corsair TWXMS DDR 599.7Mhz
    9600GT OCX2
    X-Fi Platium
    Realtek AC'97.(THIS WAS USED WHEN CREATIVE SOUND CARD DIDN'T WORK WITH THE GAME)
    If i'm not mistaken Dare Audio is something like Miles Fast 2D Positional Audio...
    I know the dare.ini from the game Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield and there it defines the size of the cache for direct sound 3d, the number of audio channels and the output-frequency - All audioperformance-settings. Since you have a X-Fi-Soundcard you can set the audible voices up to 128. that might require you to double or even triple the soundchachesize.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote