Originally posted by Jazz_117:
First things first: Splinter Cell: SAR
is a mega awesome game, but it doesn't work properly on my PC anymore. Just to clarify, it's because my graphics card is a GTX 285, so there's almost no lighting effects in the game.
Secondly: Splinter Cell: Conviction
IMO looks really good and I can't wait, but part of me still feels short-changed on the pure stealth experience I've been waiting for since SCCT.
Thirdly: Splinter Cell: Double Agent
is one of the worst ports I've ever played. So if I was only a PC gamer the only SC SC game that I could properly play would be Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
In order for Ubisoft to make it right towards us PC gamers and hardcore stealth fans I think its fair that they make us a patch/mod for the original Splinter Cell.
Just to clarify, I am also a console gamer so a certain amount of this patch/mod should be available over XBL.
List of patch/mod content:
- Lighting effects that works with the latest tech.
- High resolution textures; such as characters, weapons and certain important items in the environment.
- New voices for Russian and Chinese soldiers (the old ones were nasty.)
- General gameplay/animation improvements form Pandora Tomorrow:
Chokehold KO and Swat Turn. (Only the Swat Turn shouldn't make you 100% invisible, a bystander should still be suspicious.)
- The Closer-Then-Ever animation from SCCT.
- A few new animation to replace some of the old (not so good) ones.
- Revamped enemy AI.
- More realistic melee combat.
- A reskin for the HUD, perhaps a little more like SCCT.
- The inclusion of SvM
I assume there's improvements that could be made, but I'm no expert on SvM
I just know from the feedback from the SCC
forum that it's something most Splinter Cell
fans want in the game.
P.S. No flaming in this thread. And please vote, if enough people say yes maybe we can get through to Ubisoft. And feel free to add to the list.