Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Single Player Discussion Thread | Forums

KYRAT SERIES 2 - Midlands and Himalayas | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

Kyrat Edition Trailer | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Survive Kyrat | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

What are you made of? | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Hi Guys,

While forums are still realatively quiet, now is the time to plan for the future...

To try and keep the forums tidy, we are creating some dedicated "Community Discussion" threads for the main topics usually asssociated with the FC Franchise.
    This will either be done by new threads like this one, where at the inception I will try to capture a few "killer" posts from other threads, or we will just hijack an existing thread and change its title.

If a stand alone thread is raised that could have been posted in one of these, the new thread is likely to be closed and the poster redirected to the correct place to have posted.

This one is the place to come to discuss FC3 Single Player Mode.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

being able to go prone .
    EPIC features like call of duty .
    buildings falling!
    distructable enviroment.
    more crzy people !
    subscribe to this channel http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperBluecows?feature=watch

for awesome, crazy, random, fun and funny videos of battlefield 3 !

more videos every week !

Lilkimooo

I agree with you in everything, specially at the first one. Prone ability would be a excelent idea.

PS:And a lot of crazy people to kill!!!
    I don't always play videogames, but when i do, I play Far Cry.

Originally posted by P.O.P.86:
    Lilkimooo

I agree with you in everything, specially at the first one. Prone ability would be a excelent idea.

PS:And a lot of crazy people to kill!!!
    thanks bro , but don't you think that proning should only be in single player ?

and the most important thing for me is the epic feature like in cod!
    subscribe to this channel http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperBluecows?feature=watch

more videos every week !

Originally posted by LilKimooo:
    No. They should try to keep as far away from CoD style as they can. We don't need CoD trash in everything.

The issue with COD type games is that everything is a set piece that happens at the same point all through the single player game, same explosions and stuff.

Far Cry 2 lets us take different routes and gives us more ways to do a mission - COD is an extremely linear type of game where you are on a set path and can't deviate far from this - With Far Cry 3 they mention been able to control the action also they mention Red Dead Redemption styled missions, This sounds like we might be able to go back to areas and re-do missions quickly or slowly.

I know from their alternate route video that the end result was getting to the chopper but the player does not have to blow up the bridge and might even be able to get close without been detected - we have a lot more options with this type of game then the other crap that developers churn out anually.

Unfortunately it is all about cash and COD is at the top of the pile with game sales - I just hope that they do not borrow too many ideas from it, One thing they did well with modern warfare is the player movement and control it was smooth and aiming was good.

I am not big into perks and upgrades and stuff but will take what they throw at us if they fix up the issues that plagued Far Cry 2 like the blurred vision and the horrendous turning curve when running.

I hope that we get more reason to explore and it looks that way with the video showing collectibles in the water.

A lot of people are complaining about the hud with the XP numbers popping up, as already stated by one of the mods - that is an early build and might change before release - An option to turn it on/off would be a good idea, why isolate people when you can keep them happy.

One of the worst things in FC2 single player was when trying to get out of water or when trying to get up sloped banks that were not steep or high, in places it was appalling with player collision detection on terrain - that needs addressing, Swimming looked dreadful with the animation and not been able to use the knife while in water was a bad choice, although that would be better in multiplayer rather than single player.

I have to say that the single player campaign was very enjoyable but I know it had a lot of issues with bugs, as do all games nowadays it seems.

I hope that we get some good downloadable content and that the single player has enough to keep players coming back after completing it - big replay value.

One thing I would do is give the player more control over the button mapping on the controller - I would rather use different buttons to Run and Duck and was never happy with the choices on offer in the options, I could happily map out the buttons of my choice if anyone was interested.

Lastly I would say that the single player must have things which can be unlocked and used in multi player, if I complete the game or collect every item or use every weapon then maybe I could get some bonuses that allow different selectable characters - maybe different weapons, or skills which I pick up - anyone seeing certain characters would know that they have completed the single player game, I like unlockables that can be used elsewhere.

Originally posted by razorfinnish:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LilKimooo:
    No. They should try to keep as far away from CoD style as they can. We don't need CoD trash in everything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what i mean by that is , cod has that epic feature ex: slow motion moments - evading a falling helicopter - zipline through windows in slow motion - falling from a cliff .

that is epic stuff that fc2 lacked all you did is just free roam and make stuff explode !

even though fc2's campaign is the best i played it would of been even better with epic moments!

more videos every week !

If all those CoD features were choices, such as a zip line cross bow or you could jump from a cliff to evade the enemy as an option, then by all means yes. nothing linear.

Originally posted by JmanZ:
    If all those CoD features were choices, such as a zip line cross bow or you could jump from a cliff to evade the enemy as an option, then by all means yes. nothing linear.
    In CoD everything works like "You got the zipline crossbow. Now, shoot it EXACTLY above that window over there! *Player shoots it somewhere else* No. You didn't shoot it where I told you to! No zipline for you." and this repeats until you do what the game tells you to.

Originally posted by JmanZ:
    what about slow-motion moments !?

but only while doing missions you have to do

ex: in the beggining of act 2 or 3 in fc2
    there was this linear part where you had to walk to a place and all you saw was dust ! and then everything faded away.

i gotta admit that was epic ! like 1% of fc2 was kinda linear and epic . why don't they make those linear moments in fc3 in slow motion or something epic!?

more videos every week !

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast