don't bother wasting time here anymore, all they will tell you is:
- Have you updated the firmware to the latest version available?
1. If you have an internet connection available, connect to the PlayStation Network to download and install the latest firmware available. These firmware updates are periodically released by Sony to fix certain issues with the console, and are required to play the latest games.
2. If you do not have an internet connection available, you can still get the firmware updates. Please contact Sony directly at
[COLOR=#49535A !important] 1-800-352-7669 [/COLOR]for more information.
- Is your game CD Scratched or Damaged?
1. Inspect the underside of the CD closely.
2. If their are any smudge marks, dirt, or scratches, clean the disk.
NOTE: When cleaning CDs, wipe from the center of the disc to the edge using a soft, lint-free cotton cloth. Do not use a circular motion. Also, do not use paper cloth which can scratch the plastic and leave streaks.
3. Insert the CD and try playing again.
NOTE: We have had reports of bad saves causing these problems. In a few cases, removing the memory card )if applicable) while the system is frozen will allow the game to continue. You should then be able to insert the memory card again and continue playing.
- Do you have more then one controller plugged in?
1. Try removing all but one controller from the system before loading the game again.
2. If the game loads, there may be a problem with one of the other controllers.
If you continue to have this problem after attempting all the tips above, then you should take the game back to the retailer and swap it for another copy. If you continue to have this problem with a new copy of the game, then the problem is most likely with your PS3. At this point you should call Sony @
[COLOR=#49535A !important] 1-800-352-7669 [/COLOR]. We would also like to know the serial and model number of your console. These numbers are listed on the back of your PS3. Thanks for your help.