Thread: Help With SH4, crashes before i even get to play the game! | Forums

Hello, i have downloaded this game via steam.
    i go to open it, the videos play fine then it freezes on the load screen. Top half is back and the bottom half just freezes. i press ctrl al delete then go back on it and its on the main menu but i cant do anything and still the top half of the screen is black

My specs
    Windows 7 64
    AMD phenom II x2 550 black edition
    Geforce 7900gt
    4gb

All drivers updated and direct 9c installed

Hope someone can help, thanks!!

Dan
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Greetings, Dan6613. Welcome aboard, happy to have you with us.

Now as for your problem, hopefully my fellow SHIV Moderator Yooperbacker will be along soon and be able to suggest something for you that will help.

Only thing I would suggest is since you purchased the game from Steam, that you contact their tech support and see if they can offer any suggestions.

In the meantime I'll contact Yooperbacker and let him know about your situation.

"Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" LtCDR Samuel D Dealey
    SHIV Guide I Imperial Japanese Navy l US Submarines: Pacific Theater

Hello dan6613,

Welcome.

Are you trying to play Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific or Silent Hunter 4 U-boat missions (gold edition).

If you understand computers a bit you could try deleting the intro movie and see if that makes a difference.

The intro movie is located in 'Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Movies\Intro'.

In the Intro folder is a file called Intro.wmv - delete or remove this file and try running the game again.

"When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the *** with a banjo" by Chief Officer Steward Dogan - USS Gurnard.
    -------------
    SHIV Guide - TMOwTw 2.5 - Shipping Route Maps US & Jap - TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5 - SH4 Manual

I bought the disk,(through Amazon) and am trying to play on a Toshiba nb505 net book. Since the screen is small the command icons don't show. Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by cactusmtich View Post
    I bought the disk,(through Amazon) and am trying to play on a Toshiba nb505 net book. Since the screen is small the command icons don't show. Ideas?

The only way is to change your ingame resolution to a smaller size.....ie lower the resolution to something less than 1024 by 600.

"Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" LtCDR Samuel D Dealey
    SHIV Guide I Imperial Japanese Navy l US Submarines: Pacific Theater