Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Teamwork & Tactics | Forums

In my opinion, V2 certainly is the BEST T & T's combat game on the PC market.
    Multi-player online(with the correct latency server) far exceeds any COOP based shooter.
    Now that I have reached ELITE level, it still keeps getting better. And finding players who play the game right, is so important. Not just rambo style run&gun, but real movement.

Using pistols only, with 4 players online, creates a whole new V2 style enemy base defense. [ETF]Marksman pointed this out several weeks ago, and WOW! The enemy does respond different. Of course we still use everything except PRIMARY weapons. All players must use this tactic to achieve the effect.
    ..and with more of this practice, it makes your handgun skills more deadly.
    Rainbow Six : 2010 movie deal is under way, and a new RS looks very promising. Combination of Splinter/RS.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Banned
    Nothing much happening around here anymore and not one single response to the OP....you must smell of Ubi.....elitists are probably all playing SPORE (a Rogue Spear clone if ever I saw one) and since the forums were split, things have quietened down considerably....smart move Ubi.

Now that Stalker Clearsky has arrived, replete with bugs, I'm finding it hard to continue with Vegas. In fact, I replayed Crysis recently and currently in the process of sneaking through SC Double Agent which is a pure masterpiece.

Looking forward to Fallout 3 though !

Originally posted by Daxtsniper:
    In my opinion, V2 certainly is the BEST T & T's combat game on the PC market.
    Multi-player online(with the correct latency server) far exceeds any COOP based shooter.
    Now that I have reached ELITE level, it still keeps getting better. And finding players who play the game right, is so important. Not just rambo style run&gun, but real movement.

Using pistols only, with 4 players online, creates a whole new V2 style enemy base defense. [ETF]Marksman pointed this out several weeks ago, and WOW! The enemy does respond different. Of course we still use everything except PRIMARY weapons. All players must use this tactic to achieve the effect.
    ..and with more of this practice, it makes your handgun skills more deadly.
    Rainbow Six : 2010 movie deal is under way, and a new RS looks very promising. Combination of Splinter/RS.
    *slaps forehead* Where is this world coming to... PISTOLS ONLY = tactical?! If only Hanky were here..
    -+-+_
    [b][Color:green][*] written by SCE_Soultear[*]Even for a flop on pc i got to admit that the vision of the artist(s) for Vegas is beyond speech. What i am seeing in game now is by far the best i have seen in any other game for realism. (cod

Oh, the memories of Ravenshield/Rogue Spear. The Montreal Group did agree to take over this project, before the Japan(Lockdown)group decided to ruin this classic.

In fact, I'm personally thrilled to see Vegas 2, V1 was a warm-up in my opinion. Sure there are bugs in this game,(gun glitch/enemy random respawn/ping readings)but with the proper system set up, it runs better than great.

Better than 'Lockdown 2:Korea Missions' or 'Covert Ops:Atlantic City'.LOL

My point is, the game has aggression, AI speed, ruthless enemy characters(best-to-date), custom uniforms, excellent weapons, ranking, silence ability, graphics are good, unreal engine, online story(unmatched), fan map pack (released 90 days after game release). So, I truly hope it has not been forgotten by the staff,
    totally. *(Due to console world take-over)*

A good, clean patch is of course needed with NEW maps. They could incorporate the V1 maps, or bring the Rogue/Black Thorn Maps alive again.

I do want to mention that COD4:MW 'could have' been a masterpiece IF they enabled online COOP and STORY/Campaigns. Hell, the game has banked the highest in the companies history. COD5 will have 'some' coop, and your back in WWII with old weapons. Go figure.
    Oh, Daxtsniper the PISTOLS do work well, they did over the last 10 yrs, and still do now. Good tactical movement, plus precise pistol aiming keeps the replay value high. And Daxt, I will have to agree on being 'maybe one of the BEST' coop/terr hunt shooters to-date. Everyone has their opinions, positive ones always sound good. As for the negative UBI haters, well...'rain drops keep fallin on my head..'

Banned
    Originally posted by Daxtsniper:
    Now that I have reached ELITE level, it still keeps getting better.
    What was keeping your gameplay down before you reach ELITE mode?

Originally posted by polemic:
    Nothing much happening around here anymore and not one single response to the OP....you must smell of Ubi.....elitists are probably all playing SPORE (a Rogue Spear clone if ever I saw one) and since the forums were split, things have quietened down considerably....smart move Ubi.

Now that Stalker Clearsky has arrived, replete with bugs, I'm finding it hard to continue with Vegas. In fact, I replayed Crysis recently and currently in the process of sneaking through SC Double Agent which is a pure masterpiece.

Looking forward to Fallout 3 though !
    SPORE, a Rogue Spear clone??? Is there some Spore game that i cant seem to find??? The only Spore that i know of is some cheesy kids build your own monster sort of thing.

Originally posted by JulianRoyal:
    Oh, the memories of Ravenshield/Rogue Spear. The Montreal Group did agree to take over this project, before the Japan(Lockdown)group decided to ruin this classic.

In fact, I'm personally thrilled to see Vegas 2, V1 was a warm-up in my opinion. Sure there are bugs in this game,(gun glitch/enemy random respawn/ping readings)but with the proper system set up, it runs better than great.

Better than 'Lockdown 2:Korea Missions' or 'Covert Ops:Atlantic City'.LOL

My point is, the game has aggression, AI speed, ruthless enemy characters(best-to-date), custom uniforms, excellent weapons, ranking, silence ability, graphics are good, unreal engine, online story(unmatched), fan map pack (released 90 days after game release). So, I truly hope it has not been forgotten by the staff,
    totally. *(Due to console world take-over)*

A good, clean patch is of course needed with NEW maps. They could incorporate the V1 maps, or bring the Rogue/Black Thorn Maps alive again.

I do want to mention that COD4:MW 'could have' been a masterpiece IF they enabled online COOP and STORY/Campaigns. Hell, the game has banked the highest in the companies history. COD5 will have 'some' coop, and your back in WWII with old weapons. Go figure.
    Oh, Daxtsniper the PISTOLS do work well, they did over the last 10 yrs, and still do now. Good tactical movement, plus precise pistol aiming keeps the replay value high...
    Where have you been? THERE IS NOT GOING TO BE A PATCH. Ubisoft releases patches to CREATE problems, not FIX them. The High Stakes mode sounded so great at first, but then you realize that it won't stick after the first match, and requires some serious INI modification to get across with HS.

Vegas 2 = "leap frogging" = "ADVANCED AI!" Um, no. If you're in assault mode, you should expect your teammates to SPRINT towards the place you want them to go to.

Even GRAW 2 had this gameplay ability. Vegas 2, leapfrogging does NOT include sprinting for your teammates. It's horrendous to watch Walters take his time to leap-frog, then he STOPS for 2 seconds, then starts walking again, and by the time he WANTS to sprint, he's down on the ground "Michael is down - You Must Save Him!"

Yeah, I have to save him, but I don't want to. The local SWAT team in my Los Angeles area is better than Rainbow operatives.

And how is RUNNING AROUND A MAP with an MK23 killing 5 people at once tactical? Oh, not to mention shield-whoring and NO RECOIL.
    -+-+_
    [b][Color:green][*] written by SCE_Soultear[*]Even for a flop on pc i got to admit that the vision of the artist(s) for Vegas is beyond speech. What i am seeing in game now is by far the best i have seen in any other game for realism. (cod

Banned
    Originally posted by BilBoTeaBaggins:
    SPORE, a Rogue Spear clone??? Is there some Spore game that i cant seem to find??? The only Spore that i know of is some cheesy kids build your own monster sort of thing.
    You almost got it, not bad....just take out a couple of words in your response and you have it.

SPORE= some cheesy kids <STRIKE>build your own monster</STRIKE> sort of thing = ROGUE SPORE

SPORE/cheese/...? Vegas 2 Online has many players daily, the UBI servers run smooth,
    much better than gamespy's.
    Get into the action polemic,

WE want to see you online in

Vegas 2! Join up!

Banned
    ^^I would, but Vegas doesn't allow me to sport my bikini.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast