Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The DRM does not ONLY check at start up. | Forums

Ten minutes into playing the third level, my (flaky) net connection flaked out. Guess what?

"Connection lost. Please wait until connection is restored."

In the end I had to reboot my PC to re-establish the link to the router. Lost all my level progress.

Since then, when I run From Dust it wants me to create a new profile - has it deleted -all- my progress? Brilliant.

Anyway, I think it's important this is made clear: the DRM check DOES kick in during gameplay and won't let you play anymore unless you can re-establish your connection.

As swearing is not permitted on this forum, I have nothing further to add.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Thats what you get for buying the game!

But on a serious note, Just keep spreading the word about your story, Ubisoft have screwed up again and the more people speaking up the more likely we are to get people to not buy the game.

Nice job Ubisoft! Great way to ensure that people dont pirate your game! Make them angry with the legit bought version while the non-legit version wont have the issues. *sigh*

Yeah, it blows my mind that they can't see just what a useless, self-defeating, stupid idea their DRM is.

Oh, if anyone wants evidence of this, and has Steam, do a user search on "Maff", scroll down to the idiot with the goggles and dust-mask profile pic, and check the screenshot. Feel free to share.

"Please find the following detailed explanation of the type of DRM used.

'From Dust' requires an internet connection when you start the game.

Make sure you are connected to the internet when you attempt to start the game.

After you have signed in and the game is running, you no longer need the internet connection for that session and can disconnect and play offline you so wish."

Looks like they lied to us again. For the second time.

Well **** thats even worse. I mean seriously, Game Developers need to stop making crappy DRM that WILL NOT WORK. Rockstar invested 100k into their DRM protection. Cracked in 4 days. From Dust was cracked within 12 hours. Gabe Newell sums it up pretty perfectly when he stated " Make your game more attractive than the pirated version". Well Ubisoft, You've made buying the game a DISADVANTAGE because of the horrible DRM. Good job!

A friend of mine actually found a copy one day BEFORE it was released. I was dumbfounded as to how, but I wanted to spend the $15 so I could link it properly to Steam and chat with my buddies, plus, I thought it was gonna be a great title.

Psfh. Lies and shady deals cut it for me. I've never seen a company act in such an immature-babyish way.

Originally posted by MaffyG:
    Oh, if anyone wants evidence of this, and has Steam, do a user search on "Maff", scroll down to the idiot with the goggles and dust-mask profile pic, and check the screenshot. Feel free to share.
    Just saw your screenshot and wanted to test it myself. I disconnected in the middle of a session and did NOT get that message. I played for 5 minutes with no problem, saved locally and exited the game normally. Only thing is you have to wait a few seconds on exit for the "Synchronizing Saves" process to fail and then quit the launcher.

How long were you playing after the connection dropped until the game stopped? It seems to work as per the (new) official statement.

How long were you playing after the connection dropped until the game stopped? It seems to work as per the (new) official statement.
    I don't know - I only realised the connection had been dropped when the message popped up and I alt-tabbed out.

The launcher was set to save locally - it's possible it reset itself to cloud saving, but I can't find anywhere that it actually tells you the current state of that option.

I just set it to save locally again, and got my profile back - but that is the same profile I was playing on when the DRM hit. So... go figure.

Originally posted by MaffyG:
    Anyway, I think it's important this is made clear: the DRM check DOES kick in during gameplay and won't let you play anymore unless you can re-establish your connection.
    Hi there,

Please contact Ubisoft Support - they will be able to advise you further on your issue.

You can use either of the links in my signature - facebook or the website.

Please make sure to include all the information you can, as well as the screen shot.

Good things that there are already articles about that. I hope that it will hit Ubi pockets. This is last game I bought from them. Liars and thefts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast