Thread: Lack of multiplayer games... | Forums

This game is among the top 10 sellers. It's been out for days, in multiple countries. A good portion of people can't connect, ever, to the server. But what about the other thousands upon thousands who bought the game?

A lot may be doing the campaign, but there should be far far more doing multiplayer. At the busiest stage i saw 5 game lobbies (some of which would not let me join due to some server error or another).

So...i wonder what gives, whether it's technical problems that some lobbies aren't being seen, or another problem.

Time differences and all that shouldn't matter, there should simply be far far more multiplayer games going on.

Rawr...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

The reason could be technical, as it seems that the "Realm" function, which is a little linked to the multiplayer, has problem for some people.

But maybe it is just simply that the Settlers public is not addicted to multiplayer gaming.

Personnaly I am still trying to beat four IAs in hard in skirmish.

In my opinion, Settlers series is not about multiplayer and I think the lack of players in multiplayer shows that.

The series to me has always been about single player and until such a time as the lobby is bustling with games listed I will have to continue to assume most people also play it single player only, or might only dabble in multiplayer.

Don't fret though, just post that you want to find people to play with, Im sure you'll get a couple people that respond that you'll then be able to hookup with if you like.
    Minecraft Schematics at: MCschematics.com
    -A growing community of Minecraft (MCedit) Schematics .* Now with 175,000 +Members

This game is a top 10 seller, if you do very rough guesstimation you should see that way more people should be online.

I'm not a fan of playing vs players online, people soon figure out a "If i build this then this then this" routine they can kill me before i know what hit me. I like to team up with players and kick AI *** though.

Either way, there's something not right going on :/

i agree, if it sold that many copies i wouldn't have to wait 20+ minutes to get an Empire game.

Clearly some sort of region locale thing going on..

I'm about playing Human versus AI too. I'm not that good playing versus. I'm still trying to figure out how to play the game before I attempt online play. So if anyone wants to team up against the AI sometime then let me know.