Thread: refueling with awacs help! | Forums

i setup a server with 2 tankers and one awacs(su-33). when u ask where are the tankers located. if gives you one location,but when u go to a tanker closest to you. that the awacs hasn't given you the location of that one.you can't tank up with it! why? and how do u hook up with that tanker that the awacs hasn't given it's location to u.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

The awacs has nothing to do with your ability to refuel. Also keep in mind that- like a lot of things- in LOMAC air to air refueling codes & script was a pretty half-assed effort. Why don't you just find the tanker manually? Extend the probe as you approach, and select the correct beer tap (#1,2,3 L-R)

Make sure that the tanker's mission is set correctly in the editor. (if the value is "nothing" it might do exactly that)

Online- you often have to get right up under the wing to get the tanker to execute the script and extend the hoses. I don't fly singleplayer at all, it might be different.

[color:RED]Need help? Click sig for Kon's *NOOB FRIENDLY* LOMAC site[/color]
    Click [url=http://konkussion.proboards.com/i

they are set on refueling in the mission editor all 4 of them. i said that i have to be right under the wing(left or right). explain in detail

Well- I don;t know if it will make any difference for you, but...

Locate the tanker and position yourself behind it.

Switch to air to air mode & Bring up your EOS. Once you get a thermal hit- lock it up & use it to determine the tanker's exact altitude, and monitor it's speed during your initial close.

Continue to close on the tanker- being mindful of your speed in relation to his. You'll need to position yourself approx 5 meters below the tanker's altitude, set your ALT hold.

Now that you know it's speed and altitude, you are in position to approach- do so. When you're within oh.. about 5 clicks or so.. (I don't know that it really matters when) Switch to NAV mode and extend your probe. You will see a number 1,2,or 3 (left to right) on your HUD and a guide reticle. Pick a point and select it, and follow the guidance reticle in. Get right up under the wing if needed. Sometimes you have to get so close he calls out " Breakaway!!" and that will usually kick in the script. cript.

Not sure I understand your problem exactly. is it that your problem is only when you have several tankers? Have you run this multi-player mission with just one tanker and had it work OK?

of course as Konkussion alluded to, the multi-player air to air refueling is a problem. But then as far as i recall from discussions about this many years ago on the Forums, the Devs never actually promised air to air refuelling functionality in multi-player. In fact you CAN do it, but it is quite tricky as you cant actually see the hose till you are right on top of it.

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

i got it to work,but u really have to be close up on the tankers. i have noticed that the air to air concepts on lockon are F%¤CKED up! missiles are sometimes off the mark even when u keep your lock. can i find any patches that may fix this problem? what about this new up and coming patch v.1.13?

Missiles are a whole different ball of wax. Some things are poorly modeled, some things are part of the game. Keeping a target locked does not guarantee a hit.

you are right! if a 120 is fired within 15 to 20km. the 120 should.'t miss by a mile, if i miss i miss.