Thread: "Stap Me!" P/O Lumsden Spit Mklla for CloD | Forums

It's been a while since I last posted here. The latest Cliffs of Dover patch has rendered the game playable and has given me hope for the future.

So much so that I have actually done a skin for the Spitfire MkIIa. It's a 118 sqn kite and was flown by P/O Alec Lumsden in 1941.

Details are taken from the book "Spitfire Mk1 to VI in the European Theatre of Operations" by Jon Freeman.

Not 100% certain about the colours so if any Spitfire aficionados happen by I would welcome any constructive criticism (Kristorf I'm looking at you!). Should be up soon I'll let you know where, assuming anyone's interested of course.

The spinner and fuselage band are actually light Sky blue and not as white as the screen shot suggests.

CloD still has a way to go but it has potential now.

(By the way, if anyone has any ideas as to how to lower the weathering, as my skin does not have any paint chipping, I'd love to hear them as no matter how low I set the weathering it still chips the hell out of the paintwork! )

Bo_Nidle

"Always treat your kite like you treat your woman.Get inside her five times a day and take her to Heaven and back"
    Lord Flasheart RFC 1917

"All that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

What a beautiful piece of work! Can it be used in IL2 1946?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote