"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."
Just started happening before a 3 day weekend. Played yesterday with no issues. Logged a ticket with Ubi [Incident: 111230-001056]
Found similar post "http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5861060878/m/7121062559?r=7121062559#7121062559" but no answer.
Anyone else having this issue?
1. Uninstalled the Launcher,
3. then re-installed from "http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15501/session/L3RpbWUvMTMyNTI2NzY0Mi9zaWQvTU9rTFhVTWs%3D"
5. Same issue
OS- Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Processor - i5 2500k standard clock
Motherboard - ASUS P8Z68-V PRO
Memory - 16g Corsair Vengeance lp DDR3 clocked at 1866 ghz
Boot Drive - OCZ SATA II 2.5 Vertex 2 Solid State Drive
Primary Program Drive - Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 7200 rpm
GPU- Zotec GeForce GT 440
Ubi support responded in about 1 hr to my ticket (Holy crap that's good email support?!)
And after re-installing my GPU drivers- (same release and everything) it works.
Heroes 6 fails to launch from the UBI launcher when clicking PLAY after login - ...
Response Via Email (Jason) 12/30/2011 02:25 PM
The type of problem you are having is usually resolved by updating your video card driver, and updating your Directx files. I've written details for doing this below, as well as other ideas to try if updating these files still doesn't solve your problem.
- Updating your video drivers:
Please visit your sound, video, and 3D card manufacturer's websites for the most recently available drivers for the components in your system.
Major video chipset manufacturers web sites:
To resolve this issue, you will need to manually install the GameLauncher software, which handles the online authentication in the game. Please note that this software MUST be installed to play the game, and cannot be uninstalled or disabled.
1. First, you will need to uninstall the "Ubisoft Game Launcher" software from the 'Add/Remove Programs' (Windows XP) / 'Installed Programs' (Windows Vista and 7) icon in your computer's control panel. It's possible that the "Ubisoft Game Launcher" software will not be listed if you have already uninstalled it, or the game. If so, you can skip this step.
2. After uninstalling the software, you will need to manually delete any leftover files in the C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (32-bit versions of Windows) or C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (64-bit versions of Windows). Please do not skip this step, it is very important. If this folder does not exist, please go to the next step.
This is just pathetic. I bought this game this sunday and got temp banned because the cd key didnt work, and when comming home from work I Get this **** and nothing helps. Absolutely NOTHING. It's sad that one of my all time favorite game series is being reducing to nothing more than a pile of vomit thanks to ubisoft trying to ***** in on piracy with their **** launcher.