Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Girls in FC3 ^^ | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Walkthrough Trailer [US]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

I once saw a post on internet about "generic female enemies" and most people were like "i dont care, if they add them". Then i though, a lot of shooters are sci-fi and a lot of monsters are female too. You know, they just don't have boobs and don't look anything like a human female. Berserker from Gears of War for example is listed as "female". I know its a bit off topic as FC3 is nothing to do with monsters. But the idea is, people only mean "hot, Megan Fox like chicks", when they talk about females characters. But what do average females look a like? They range from little kids to old fat ladies, don't they? And some of them look very manly, dress like men and so on. Nothing, like in those "fantasy" games - like Warcraft - where they run around in bikini and such.

Also, i thought about this. A lot of 3rd world country wars are a lot to do with child soldiers. They are recruited as they are easy to brainwash and 3rd world countries have a loads of kids in them. Wouln't that be a realistic to have at least some soldiers to look like they were 12? And would you play a shooter, where you encountered child soldiers, both as either friendly or enemy?
    Last edited by orchunter88; 07-28-2012 at 12:04 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Far Cry 3 Elite Member neokinesis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent-Eagle View Post
    Woah, calm down a second a stop to think why people are attracted to video game women, its not because of what they look like its who they are, Girls in video games tend to have personalities and characters that you will almost NEVER meet in real life this giving you a fantasy, every body has a fantasy about the opposite sex (or same sex if you are so inclined) that is why people find video game women and even men for that matter attractive..
    @Silent-Eagle - What makes you think those women don't exist in real life? What about Jessica Lynn Horn (Chobot) or Sherilynn Macale (heycheri) just to name two...

Quote Originally Posted by The_girl_joker View Post
    I wonder if you can play as a girl in MP? Would make a change
    @The_girl_joker - The trailers for multiplayer have already shown that you can play alongside/as a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Widow9 View Post
    Yeah, I guess I meant myself really more than women as a generalization. All good points here.
    @Black_Widow9 - thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by CuZtds_Lst_Stnd View Post
    Folks,
    Please bear in mind this polite reminder that these forums are rated PG-13; keep the discussions suitable for that level and free of racially or ethnically offensive, vulgar, sexually explicit or obscene posts.
    @CuZtds_Lst_Stnd - I obviously share your concern in keeping the thread board clean and appropriate, but it does cause me to ask the question.

Why is it that this thread about a game with adult content, marketed and made for an older crowd, would exist in a place where younger year olds can get a hold of it in the first place?

Being a pegi-16+ / RP-T+ rated game with full frontal nudity and extreme violence in the trailers, I would imagine similar rules/laws would need to govern the boards. It must be a huge challenge for all of the Moderators to sift through thousands of responses a day about a game that lots of the site's viewers shouldn't be buying. I don't envy task.

Although I don't particularly stand on either side of the censorship issue, its interesting trying to understand how Ubisoft might find value collecting information through this forum from those outside their game's demographic. Is there value in getting a broader view which exists outside the games hardcore market, sure. Political, Sexual, Race, Language, etc. are always touchy subjects in any medium. As for FC3, the game has firmly stamped a place for itself with adult themes which limit its overall reach, so why allow an injustice of censoring its primary market?

Maybe there is no right answer... Seems like the kind of argument that happens where liquor stores existing along side schools or prime time tv time brackets includes adult content during advertising segments...

Seems like a 'spider-man' moment where It could say a lot about the voice of a company's moral responsibility to force forum goers to tag their age as they enter grey areas. Young minds are fragile.

Quote Originally Posted by orchunter88 View Post
    Also, i thought about this. A lot of 3rd world country wars are a lot to do with child soldiers. They are recruited as they are easy to brainwash and 3rd world countries have a loads of kids in them. Wouln't that be a realistic to have at least some soldiers to look like they were 12? And would you play a shooter, where you encountered child soldiers, both as either friendly or enemy?
    That's some deep stuff right there...

Quote Originally Posted by orchunter88 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by neokinesis View Post
    That's some deep stuff right there...
    Yes and it does happen all the time.

Imo, that is a horrible line to cross though and one that most developers would never come near...

I would say that unless they are not part of a storyline in FC3, there's little point including female characters.
    It entirely depends on what the story is about. If we were to have a group of soldiers then I would say it would be ok to include female soldiers.

But Far Cry 3 isn't about fighting a military army, the story is completely different from the usual COD, Battlefield, etc.
    You are basically in a tropical island as Jason Brody (who's a tourist) trying to escape your way out of it. Mainly combating against bad guys.

I would say if it was a case of including Jason's girlfriend, that would make more sense, as she would be part of this storyline. Or maybe perhaps when completing the Single Player Campaign, Jason reunites with his girlfriend happily escaping the island. Something along this line.

How about Mermaids...
    Last edited by Joyrider144; 08-01-2012 at 06:53 PM.
    - There is no Tomorrow -

Quote Originally Posted by Joyrider144 View Post
    How about Mermaids...
    I see what you did there, and I raise you.

How about a Mermaid Tattoo and a cape made of a torn Jolly Roger flag?

The sister of Vaas is really hot in the E3 2012 Demo.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234