Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Why does everyone want a female assassin? | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-Op Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-op Heist Mission Commented Demo [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

So... I'm not being sexist.... but why does everyone want a female main character? IMO, she would be way too vulnerable and hard to relate to. (What I am saying is,almost the whole market to the AC games are males, and the only ones who would relate would be women) This is mainly the reason why I don't think Ubi would make a female character, because the game wouldn't sell well... But what is you guys' opinion?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

we are going to take a beating for it but.....I'm with ya. I also don't have any problems with women at all, that's just ridiculous but I agree they are not relatable to the majority of fans and in any other game sure go for it, but the point of assassin's creed as you will read in the comics is "son of the of the son" like it also says in the comics. long story short. I agree.

I don't understand what's the issue with a lot of people that always say they don't want female characters.

Ok, I can see your point of view, I understand, and I als understand you're not being sexist or anyhting bad.
    But I don't see the big issue, if they write her character, personality, issues, struggles and skills well, no matter if the character is male or female, it can be one of the greatest characters ever.

So I would like to see a Female Assassin. Plus, I'm a guy, I agree I wouldn't relate as much to a female character, but I wouldn't complain either... jsut think about the serious female gamers out there that have to play games full of dudes... it's the same thing.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
    PSN: Avl521

I am with you as well... I would prefer a male lead character. to address your statement I am not sure the majority of AC players want a female lead character. perhaps on (this forum) but I am not sure the (overall majority) of players desire that...

I had wondered when this would come up however.

Who says everyone? :O I'm a female, I'm all for female assassin's in games, the sisterhood and all that, but I wouldn't want a female main character. Why? Because it would be oversexed - like Lara Croft, Bloodrayne... Just walking and talking and assassinating bog boobs on long legs. No, thanks. I focus better if there a male on screen

Originally posted by LadyGahan2010:
    Who says everyone? :O I'm a female, I'm all for female assassin's in games, the sisterhood and all that, but I wouldn't want a female main character. Why? Because it would be oversexed - like Lara Croft, Bloodrayne... Just walking and talking and assassinating bog boobs on long legs. No, thanks. I focus better if there a male on screen

this. I can't think of any game with a female main character that isn't oversexed.

Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LadyGahan2010:

this. I can't think of any game with a female main character that isn't oversexed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree completely with the logic, but some un-oversexed female leads:

Yuna - FFX
    Madison Paige - Heavy Rain

Lucy Stillman??

Originally posted by robinzx:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LadyGahan2010:

this. I can't think of any game with a female main character that isn't oversexed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree completely with the logic, but some un-oversexed female leads:

Yuna - FFX
    Madison Paige - Heavy Rain

Lucy Stillman?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

youre joking right?

look at lucys appearance in AC1 vs AC2. all of a sudden her lips and knockers got massive.

i had to look up the other two. the first page of google image results seem to agree with female leads being oversexed.

the ONLY female main character I can think of that is never sexualized ever is Kreia from KOTOR II

Cuz tha f3mal35 R 1337 H0tz.

Seriously though, I would prefer, a Male lead. Don't ask me me why, but some games I prefer Male leads others Female.
    No reason, just for me personally, I don't think a female lead would suit well.

I disagree, leaving the obviously oversexed games characters like Lara Croft to one side I dont see any reason not to have a female lead character, the female assassins available after recruitment in Brotherhood were perfectly reasonable and not overtly sexy.

It works in games like Fable, the player has a choice at the beginning......male or female lead character........I dont see the issues some allude towards.

Spoiler alert if you havnt got that far yet but a female character is inducted in the guild during brotherhood so the precedent for having female assassins is already established, in addition Miss Stilman revealed herself to be an assassin at the start of AC2.

Bring it on I say......do it sensible and give players the choice and it will work fine.

Kevin.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast