Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: GRFS Multiplayer Q&A | Forums

Originally posted by PALADIN_BS:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by odi0n2009:
    Tethering means having to be within a certain proximity of your teammate. You guys are tethered.
    (does not mean sharing abilities like paladin mentioned)
    Actually it does mean shared abilities. At least it did in the 2010 version. You should look it up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow. Then that is silly on them. No where near realistic. My mistake Paladin, hope I did not offend.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Im pretty sure it will be abused a lot. That tether better be short.

Originally posted by odi0n2009:
    Wow. Then that is silly on them. No where near realistic. My mistake Paladin, hope I did not offend.
    No offence taken. Just pointing out what I feel is a unnecessary and ill thought out feature in the game.

Originally posted by Dirtymurph:
    Atacms you always make a good point with this argument but do we really know whats going to happen 100+ years from now? Thats where the game is taking place.
    Where did you get that idea? They've been pretty consistently placing it in the near future, sometime around 2030.

As far as the tether goes, the original concept involved two things: First, as people have said, abilities would stack when you were tethered to a teammate. And second, up to three people would be able to tether to a "leader" who would then control the movement of all four around the map as a single unit. That sounded like a pretty unworkable idea to me and I haven't heard anything about it since the 2010 demo which is why I'm looking for confirmation that they killed the idea.

You misunderstood me. Yes Ubi said around 2030. Im speaking in terms of real life accurate depictions of the various things in FS, in which case 2030 is ridiculous. I wasnt repeating anything Ubi literally said. It was kind of a joke but also more accurate than their prediction. I guess I should of said "seems to be taking place" in my original post instead of "is taking place".

@odion@Paladin
    Thanks for explaining Tethering

TETHERING:

The core concept is nice. Maybe have a mechanic by which you can 'Buddy' up with another teammate....this way you:

1. Share AR info-His and your Position is clearly marked on the map...so you always know where you are in relation to him/her

2. Keep an eye on each others stats- if one you is stunned/hacked the other knows and can aid you

3. Rudimentary 'Aid requests' with markers- markers to place smoke, suppress, flank, enemy spotted etc. can be placed by you and this shows up on HIS/HER AR

4. UAV feed share- If one you has the UAV...you can both switch roles as pilot and have access to the feed. Suppose teammate 1 has the UAV but is suppressed...he/she deploys the UAV...teammate 2 who is a sniper can still access the feed and control the UAV and help in taking out the LMG guy.

5. Confidence mechanic- While hacking if your buddy is around your 'Confidence' goes up by X% and you are faster

6. Sync Shot- You can choose to switch your targeting lasers (As in the Sync Shot) on to PINPOINT precise locations, mark targets or just to let your buddy know where your FOF is. Plus you can choose targets quickly without verbal comms. Could be an advanced form of "Follow my Tracer!"

The above IMO would be a farsight better than the auto-position leader following or ability sharing (ability sharing!?!?!? ) it would tie in with the whole Intel-AR loop and actually make having a buddy a good thing..encouraging basic teamwork.

I'm Batman

Sig: Jazz117Volkov

That's a helluva lot better than the current system.

@PALADIN_BS
    That's a helluva lot better than the current system.
    Thanks

Initially I was like "ooO Tethering...this could be interesting" and then I read about the auto-position and ability sharing.

Come on! They come up with amazing core concepts and then completely twist it into crap.

I'm Batman

Sig: Jazz117Volkov

Glaswegian currently living in Switzerland
    Now for my COOP,MP questions

so far only campaign (single & coop) and PVP have been discussed
    in MP is there coop game options like GRAW2 defend area/ capture flag. etc etc against AI opponents and something more akin to COOP campaign mode in GRAW?

If there is one thing graw2 done really well was lighting and weather conditions on select and some configurable maps will this be retained in GRFS and/or expanded to all MP maps?

Will there be options to disable drones, HUD elements and weapons configs in match settings like graw?

Will the team be restoring the feature that dead team mates cannot communicate with alive team mates during a active round, as xbl party chat negated this for coop modes and PVP in GRAW1&2?
    Following on from this can the host configure room settings that party chat can be forced off?

Is there an ability to get injured/incapacitated team mates back up like graw 1+2? futhermore when stunning a enemy can a player bind players legs arms and leave him for bait (meat flag) for the opposition team without him dying (until the rest of the opposing team is either eliminated or also rendered meat flag)?

I know!! I am just mean, and a bit devious, also know there is a lot of pressure via screaming team mates "to get me up!!!" is that the right choice though??
    If not could you provide a example of the most devious tactics used by the test teams to demonstrate the crafty tactical nature of FS.

Will the clan function be retained/re-imagined from graw2 and will it encompass coop campaign stats (completion percentage, fav. mission, score/mission performance rating leaderboard, difficulty settings)

Uplay integration questions
    Will there be a classic/hardcore mode unlock for MP coop and PVP similar to infiltration in SCC via uplay?

will there be map swaping between GRFS and future RS via uplay for fans who own more than one TC title as a bonus or loyalty reward?

Lastly
    Although largely ignored by the community will stealth recon be making a return in some form?

I found that most players didn't understand that being spotted and killing squads deducts points from total score and in-fact it wouldn't have taken much to convert that score to a percentage or a rank rating i.e A,B,C... at the end of the mission.

playing with no more than 3-4 players with 3 flags and alarms on and it was a tense experience. it just needed fleshing out more.

All that happened in main lobbies was everybody just ran around shooting everything, thus a zero score!!

The rules weren't clear enough for the mainstream, but I personally liked this mode as it required constant communication with players and seeing sync shot looks like this would suit this mode more. The team decision to fire or not!!! whilst covering a teammate going for an objective= tense!
    "This game is totally the right type of wrong for me though! LOL" said about OPF:RR.

Don't dum down tactical shooters for a slice of COD pie! YUMM! COD PIE!

Just wondering what the default controls will be .. like cod controls or bf3 controls or a mix of gow and cod or something like that

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast