Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you exit?! | Forums

Loving the game but have scoured the web and the instruction book to find how to exit back to the Xbox dashboard when I've had enough. Ive tried talking/shouting at the Kinect and every button on the controller. Please help - anyone?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Right arm against your side, left arm downwards at a 45 degree angle.
    Video example is here, under "guide gesture".
    http://support.xbox.com/en-us/...troller/default.aspx

Cheers

You can always press the big silver Xbox button in the middle of the controller and press Y to exit to the dashboard or X to sign out.

I agree with Bunceyboy - poor interface design not to have a program step to exit the program. The best way I've found is to eject the disk, but again, that is a bad design.

Thanks for those replies guys. Right arm by my side and left arm at 45 degrees - now why didn't I think of that?! Tried the silver button and didn't get the option to go to dashboard. Curious. Thanks again for your posts - don't feel quite so stupid now!

There is no proper way to exit this game and if there is, would be nice for Ubi to tell us.

If you use the normal Kinect exit method by holding your left arm at 45 degree angle from whatever screen you are on, it backs out to previous menus eventually landing on a screen where holding that position resumes the game (The resume game button is bottom left at 45 degrees), so there is no way to exit the game other than using the wireless controller.

How could something as simple as a way to exit the game be overlooked?

I have not had any problem exiting the game. I am surprised to here the big xbox button does not bring up a little menu w/ an option to go to the dash board. It looks like this..

As you can see under the little window there is an option to go to the dashboard by pressing "Y"

I would have thought the entire point of Kinect SpectraFD is to avoid the need for a controller? I have tried the central button again and it doesn't give me the option to exit anyway. All I can do is hold it down for 10secs and use the option to shutdown the console. Far from ideal. Anyone from Ubisoft monitor these forums? I'd love to hear their view - surely ANY game should have the option to exit when you've had enough?

I'm not sure why people are having trouble exiting. When you do the 45deg arm thing, you are brought to another in-game screen where you can choose "Kinect Dashboard". This then brings up the XBox Kinect guide thing where you can choose to exit to the Kinect Dashboard with your hand motion. I've never need the physical controller to get out of the game.

Well, having become accustomed to just about every piece of software written for the last twenty years to have a simple File->Exit method of leaving a program, this interface is more than a little bit clunky.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast