Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conviction: A Great Game but... | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Just because it is a fun game to play and gets high ratings does not necessarily make it the game Splinter Cell fans want to play. I for one liked the game, but I did not feel that it was a splinter cell game. Fans of halo keep buying the games because they like the games formula. They like its pace, its action and yada yada yada. It's what defines that game. Splinter Cell has been defined for years by the slow and steady stealth gameplay with the higher action climactic parts every now and then. It had very unique mechanics that kept me coming back. Thats the game I fell in love with and thats what I consider a splinter cell game. This is an entirely new game, and I for one think it should have been made as such. To me, Conviction, even though I thought it was fun, is not a splinter cell game. Just as Halo Wars is a game set in the Halo universe but not the Halo as we know it, Conviction is a game set in the Splinter Cell universe but not a splinter cell game. It is something completely new. Personally, I would like my old gameplay back. IMO Ubi's attempt to target people who did not like the old splinter cell games would have been best carried out by making a whole new game rather than taking the splinter cell game from what it has always been and what defines it and transforming into this.

Flaming may now commence.
    sticks and stones may break my bones but my gun here will surely kill ya.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Ubi has decided to drag Sam kicking and screaming into the present. I am pleased with the way the game turned out, and am ecstatic that they changed the original design shown a couple years ago. I would like a longer single player, the knife, hacking mini games, lock picking and hiding bodies, but can live with the outcome of the game. It's far better than the bastardization they called Prince of Persia last year with crayola colors and cell shaded graphics, I refused to buy that piece of crap even though I have all of the previous POP.

People who don't like the new Splinter Cell should vote with their wallets and not by spamming the board. I doubt many UBI devs even come here.

If I sound judgmental regarding your favorite Ubisoft game it's only because I care!

I'm glad Ubisoft reinvented the franchise and entire genre.

I can't wait to see where they go from here. This forumla is a winner. Forget the old, this is what we real Splinter Cell fans want. More in the vein of Conviction!

Originally posted by Libertarian2010:

I can't wait to see where they go from here. This forumla is a winner. Forget the old, this is what we real Splinter Cell fans want. More in the vein of Conviction!
    LOL

Reinvented the genre?! What the real Splinter Cell fans want?

You've a talent for talking rubbish!

"I play Splinter Cell...as Sam Fisher"

Originally posted by oO_ShadowFox_Oo:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Libertarian2010:

LOL

Reinvented the genre?! What the real Splinter Cell fans want?

You've a talent for talking rubbish! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm only speaking the truth. However, if you decide to deny it, then that is your choice. Be warned, though, that the truth will set you free.

Conviction is a reinvention of the stealth genre and it's exactly what my favorite gaming franchise needed.

Thanks, Max and Ubi. Conviction is ace.

I don't think it's anyones place to speak for the masses, however I feel similar to Libritarian. He definatly needed to say that was how he fealt not every Splinter Cell fan though.
    ----------------------------------

"What happens next is up to you."

Originally posted by Libertarian2010:
    I'm only speaking the truth. However, if you decide to deny it, then that is your choice. Be warned, though, that the truth will set you free.

Conviction is a reinvention of the stealth genre and it's exactly what my favorite gaming franchise needed.

Ha, the truth eh?

Check this out, I reinvented the bicycle!

No, sadly you are just recycling hype. They have not reinvented the stealth genre. They have done NOTHING original in this game and they have taken no step in any direction that has not already been taken by another game.

And your comment that the "real fans of Splinter Cell" wanted this is quite daft because real fans of anything appreciate it for what it is, not for what it can be hybridized into.

If you were a fan of stealth gaming, then you really can't be happy with this result.

If you're a fan of Hollywood spy action thrillers, you may be, but definitely not if you're a fan of stealth gaming.

"I play Splinter Cell...as Sam Fisher"

Originally posted by oO_ShadowFox_Oo:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Libertarian2010:

Ha, the truth eh?

Check this out, I reinvented the bicycle!

No, sadly you are just recycling hype. They have not reinvented the stealth genre. They have done NOTHING original in this game and they have taken no step in any direction that has not already been taken by another game.

And your comment that the "real fans of Splinter Cell" wanted this is quite daft because real fans of anything appreciate it for what it is, not for what it can be hybridized into.

If you were a fan of stealth gaming, then you really can't be happy with this result.

If you're a fan of Hollywood spy action thrillers, you may be, but definitely not if you're a fan of stealth gaming. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I come from the school of Splinter Cell and Thief, my dear friend. Conviction is the stealth genre reinvention. It's truly fantastic. Stop resisting fantastic change.

Libertarian2010, I have to put my foot down. You don't represent the SC community in it's entirety and furthermore, you're stating your opinion as fact. STOP IT!

But he's speaking the Truth! Stop resisting!!!11

Can I have one of those bycicles?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast