Thread: Jumping | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Outpost App [UK]

What's your take on it?

I can't stand it when players in multiplayer constantly Halo Hop around. I think it's a strategy that works for some, but it's a bit rediculous. How realistic is it to jump all over a map? In reality, you'd be completely exhausted and wouldn't have the ability to make accurate shots. Yet, people who do it seem to be some of the most hardcore players out there.
    UFLL > APR
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Yeah, the jumping was really annoying in FC2. I'd like to see prone added too, but the thought of bunny hopping-dolphin diving enemies brings back BF2 nightmares.

They could just add a cool down between jumps, maybe 1.5 secs. Good way to weed out the noobs too.
    No Browser/Lobby = No FC4

Join the Battlemap group here at Ubisoft

Duck Jumping on FCIP is a real nightmare to deal with, they drop prone to the floor then jump straight back up and they repeat the process.

I hate it and in my words "These are cowards" but if you don't do it I guarantee you will not win in many matches because they are so damn hard to hit - I have pride and I also don't want my character to act like a *** so I just don't do it.

As for FC2 I can't remember seeing people jumping around much on 360 but then it is such a bad game I try to avoid it.

If prone comes back then have a delay as already stated by several players - that would stop the duck jumpers.
    http://forums.ubi.com/image.php?u=977913&type=sigpic&dateline=1408306127

The duck n jumpers are worthless! We outlaw that as much as we can in our rooms on Pred. But without the option to kick people from the room we end up having to deal with ****s like that sometimes. I always make an announcement if we see someone doing it asking them to stop and explaining that we don't play that way and in my rooms that's not allowed, but usually they turn into a ***** and refuse to leave. I have a special set of maps for people like that which I call Deservers. Usually after a few rounds on one of those they get sick of it and leave.

SICK

I can imagine what type of map it is - Dumptruck made one the same I am sure.

The toss pot players spwan in a lift shaft type area and the others just hurl grenades and molotovs down at them, they have no escape - the map is really well made - within a minute they go.

Good plan if your maps the same.

Yep same concept. I have one where they spawn in a cage underwater and repeatedly drown with no escape. Another puts them in a pit and we spawn above them with rocket launchers all around. I have another that has the ruins pillars floating in air that they spawn on with no where to go and we spawn on the edge of a cliff with sniper rifles. They either fall off and die repeatedly or get sniped off. Either way, great fun.

You should change the name to SickSickBa$tard - that is mighty cruel, I thought Dumptruck's map was grim but man he seems to have a heart after I read your descriptions.

Out of the 3 I would like to play the pillars in the air with snipers - that is extremely sick for anyone to deal with but great fun for the people that just want to get on with things.

Very nice ideas though - in a way if we end up in a game I hope someone disruptive joins just to see the torture map for them.

You are a crazy guy - always an honour to be in an online game with.