Thanks to you Ubisoft, I will now have to pay attention to which company publishes my games. I was on the fence as to whether or not I should buy Settlers 7 but in the end decided to. I immediately regretted the decision when I found upon booting it up the first time that I was subjected to your stupid DRM. If I had my time again, I wouldn't have bought it. It's a good game, but I'm typing this as I wait more than 5 minutes since clicking "Play Game" while your server synchronizes all 7 or so of my save games. Save games that haven't been added to for the last 3 times I played. But it still checks them. Oh, finally, 7 minutes after starting, it's finally let me in the game. Bye now.

Ok, I just played Settlers 7 for the second time today. It started up after only a minute or so. Maybe it only checks my copy/savegames every 24 hours or something? Still.. this is one time out of about 10 that it's started in less than 5 mins.

Think your self luck, I cant even get onto the game as it keeps saying servers not available, yet the launcher logged me in no problem

You can turn of savegame synchronization by clicking on the cogwheel at the top of the launcher window. That should speed things up.

I hate this DRM. I got the original copy but recently encountered this server not available(28) error. Ugh. $#@#*&@ wtf are Ubisoft doing ?