Thread: Something Wicked This Way Comes [FAW] | Forums

Hey All

Much like everyone here i was so pleased to learn that Best Way in conjuction with 1C were working on a sequel to Soldiers, probably the best squad-based ww2 game ever made.
    You can't imagine the shock I got when from the first moment even reading the 'english' text threw me, whoever has taken over in QA needs putting up against a wall and shooting ala nazi-stylee.
    Next: Dark? Thats not the word, BLACK as in cannot see a damn thing. Over the years developers have found different ways to display night time while allowing the player leeway in controlling his enviroment.
    So far i can't select my troops as I cannot even see them!
    Turning up the gamma/brightness just greys everything out and this is on a Sony Trinitron 21" which displays dark enviroments usually with complete clarity.
    Its a mess, i could go on for hours at just how wrong it is, yes its only a demo but i remember the Soldiers demo and it was a shining example of what to expect in the full game.
    If the FAW demo is an example of whats to come then it can go.

tb
    Mr. Burns: This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you.
    Smithers: You are noble and poetic in defeat, sir.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I can see mine perfectly. It must your monitor or your eyes. Only when they go in bushes can I not see them, but there's an option to highlight them when their behind things though.

Also note: The second level shows off this games potential much better than that Radar mission.
    [IMG]http://i6.photobu

^^I agree. Try the second mission. First one is so bad. Try also the mod that makes it realistic and much more difficult. Then you ll start to appreciate it...

You were right, the second mission clears up a lot for me, and i am starting to enjoy it but the first mission is a 'night'mare!

tb
    Mr. Burns: This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you.

first mission was meant to be a lot more complicated with many tasks but whoever that made the scripts and map F@#^ed up bad. take a look at the codes, its all over the place.

i'm trying to clean it up, make the objectives more clear and linear, and redo the butchered english. release in a mod. no offense to Best Way, but it seems a high school kid wrote the mission plans. this game has such potential to suck u in, once some modding is done.

Prattboy9394 please I beg of you do that mod of the first mission because it sucks so badly. That first Radar mission nearly turned me off FoW till I played the second mission.

Originally posted by LONG_RANGER:
    Prattboy9394 please I beg of you do that mod of the first mission because it sucks so badly. That first Radar mission nearly turned me off FoW till I played the second mission.
    EDOTMW: MOODY'S MEN - ...Teaser... ...SCENARIO (NOW UPDATED)... [url=http://photobu

Originally posted by rain1971:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LONG_RANGER:
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am no tmuch of a 'begger' but I BEG you please mod that first mission, otherwise it will put off a LOT of first-timers.

TB

guys, it'll be ready soon, like within the week. trying to incorporate the files in a windows installer. because of the increased difficulty, adding the mod should force the player to use ambushes, surprises, guerrila tactics, and basic laws of warfare to achieve victory instead of the typical frontal assault.

Changes:

* Free the camera (so u can see LOS better and not get frustrated if the sniper don't shoot through that 2ft berm)

* Difficulty (even the playing ground for AI and player)

* Fix and clarify the objectives better (for a more involved and breaknecked-paced mission)

* More realistic weapons

* Expand the map (so u can move all the way to the edge for flanking)

minor changes:
    * put a german crew on the quad 20mm

* Better weapons sound for the MG42

thats it for now

[/QUOTE]

I am no tmuch of a 'begger' but I BEG you please mod that first mission, otherwise it will put off a LOT of first-timers.

TB[/QUOTE]