Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Il-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Roadmap | Forums

Originally posted by USAF77:
    I dont know whats worse. Ubi's exuses and pity party or the sniveling commiserating of the players they screwed, and now thru some mammalian
    herd instinct feel like they have to band together and protect some greedy corporation who just stuck it to them.

Really, I cant stand it anymore. You have no family, friendship, or karmic connection with this company so why is it so hard to stand up like men and say, "you screwed us and were not happy"?

And they ripped you off on purpose. They knew the condition of the game they were accepting money for, AND, releasing. Just like they have known all along they cant deliver to America on the dates they advertised. I bet it wont be here on 24 May 11 either. They are the Svengalis behind this entire episode, to get our $$ flowing their way and get a working product out......whenever.

Im out. I'll check back in in Jul. and see the status of this game then. I'll just play my FPSs. I was really looking forward to this game, you have no idea. But I'd have to be rideing the rock pipe to pay $50 to download a buggy game from a foreign source.
    Wait till July if you want, but I've been rockin the new beta patch and a very improved game all week.

As far as the blame and commiseration goes, while it's all speculation and likely will always be, most likely is Ubi screwed this one up against the wishes of Maddox Games. I fully support Maddox games and will continue to, Ubi however....
    "The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.[Europe], under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep. If once [the people] become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress, and Assemblies, judges and governors shall all become wolves. " - Thomas Jefferson
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Seems odd doesn't it that NQB/777 studios have made a roaring success with Rise of Flight, yet the developers here have produced a game that crashes and has an interface that is excessively complex.

My point being - if others could get it right on release, why not Maddox and Ubisoft?

It's like buying a new car then being expected to get the bonnet up and play with the engine. If this was the first time this happened to me perhaps I'd shut up and move on, but having been saddled with Silent Hunter V (well more like SH2.5 really) I really will avoid Ubisoft and also their 'subsidiaries' like the plague. The same goes for Steam.

Originally posted by Mungoshuntbox:
    Seems odd doesn't it that NQB/777 studios have made a roaring success with Rise of Flight, yet the developers here have produced a game that crashes and has an interface that is excessively complex.

My point being - if others could get it right on release, why not Maddox and Ubisoft?

It's like buying a new car then being expected to get the bonnet up and play with the engine. If this was the first time this happened to me perhaps I'd shut up and move on, but having been saddled with Silent Hunter V (well more like SH2.5 really) I really will avoid Ubisoft and also their 'subsidiaries' like the plague. The same goes for Steam.
    Lol! You cereal bro? Rise of Flight was a steaming pile of alpha release when it came out, and it took many many months before it was worth a crap, there were several patches along the way that broke way more than they fixed!
    "The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.[Europe], under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep. If once [the people] become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress, and Assemblies, judges and governors shall all become wolves. " - Thomas Jefferson

Okay so let me get this straight, Oleg (the like...company leader guy?) left the project?

Man if that's true it'd be nice to know what the hell happened. I mean I had seen and heard great and awesome things about this sim before it even came out, then I hear the good and the bad from the forums. Still looking forward to this one, just wish the community wasn't so divided.

Originally posted by wintergoose:
    Thanks for the information Uther
    Have been playing IL2 since before 2003 and have waiting very much for this.
    Have read the forum and see you problem. Hopefully most of the are soon gone.
    Have not installed CoD yet.
    To awoyd problem think I have to wait untill I get me a new rigg.
    What is scaring me is the people with i7-960 and envidia 850 cards on win 7 has problems .
    A PC with that should be on top for atleast 5-6 years and have no problem playing CoD on full settings. If not we have a big problem, a PC with thoses spesifications are to costly for most of the players.
    Or you have to get a new config for the game, and have a il2 sim up to today's standard of graphical quality, or you could play it smooth on a computer 5-6 years old, and still having a new game with 2001 graphics. Unnaceptable. Sometimes it doesn't hurt to upgrade to nex gen computer parts. Yes it costs money, but good gaming computer hardware are cheaper than before nowaday. You can build a good gaming computer for less than 1500$. Not all of us have money to spare, but if we want our games good looking, by today's standard, we need recent computer HW.
    Those of us who happen to have high end gaming computers expect to have games that will make use of the processing power we have. A GTX570 is not that costy. A good AMD Phenom 2 processor sells at very cheap price nowaday. Most of us have duo or quad core computers. Standard is 4 GB of memory. DDR3 is the standard. You may already have that in your computer. For most of us, we only have to change the graphics card. Not hard to save 300-500$ for a graphic card. Saying that not everyone have the money to buy new hardware, is not an argument, it is an excuse.

Originally posted by Von_Ron:
    Appologies and stories of hard working will get no pitty in my post .
    why dont you and UBISOFT offer some kind of partial money back refund for an incomplete game, that would be far better than reading about excuses and hearing about the hard work thats required in order to fix this game.

I think it's current working condition is only £19.99.

I had high hopes for this sim, but the bad parts shame the rest of the game ... and UBISOFT .

Maybe in a few weeks I can come back with something more positive, but at the moment I just feel ripped off.
    The goal here is not to rant, but to report any bugs to the 1C company. Maybe Ubisoft released the game too early, but as we speak right now, many bugs have been corrected and the game is starting to really shine.
    Another way to put it, why not waiting until the bugs are corrected before buying a game?
    I do not know about any game that had not been buggy at release. Sometimes all the testing in the closed environment of a game studio is never enough testing to make sure everything is alright. It is when the game is actually installed on many computers, all different in configuration and hardware. So it is impossible for a company to test every possible combination of hardware. The only solution is to release the game and wait for bug reports. It is the main reason that when you submit a bug report you have to send your full computer config, so they will be able to reproduce your problem and correct it.
    When people will understand how it works, they will maybe stop their ranting and begin to report problems, so that developpers can correct it

There is a very unpleasant reality all here must recognize. The capital investment required to develop a flight sim of this caliber is HUGE. The potential return on investment (sales) for this type of sim is comparatively miniscule vs. Call of Duty or many other big earners.

The fact that a great product is eventually realized is more a result of the dedication (obsession) and talent of many people both in the software profession and many hobbyists.

This thread is full of many people who seek instant gratification while failing to recognize the above realities.

I, for one, will upgrade my hardware as necessary and patiently wait/assist the people who will/are making this game into something awesome.

UBISOFT has gotten involved in this simply to make money. Throwing a tantrum right now is childish and will not create an impression that there exists a market for hyper-realistic flight sims like IL2 and that would be the biggest tragedy of all.

Hello
    Just wont to inform you that I now have bought a new rigg just to play IL2 COD some monts ago.
    i7-960
    GTS 580
    flashdisk 120

Just now in lerning prosess to learn how to fly again. Will inwest in some equipment to gain full controll. Must have 3x flightcontroll and a whell to controll the trim. Need a lot of liders.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintergoose2011 View Post
    Hello
    Just wont to inform you that I now have bought a new rigg just to play IL2 COD some monts ago.
    i7-960
    GTS 580
    flashdisk 120

Just now in lerning prosess to learn how to fly again. Will inwest in some equipment to gain full controll. Must have 3x flightcontroll and a whell to controll the trim. Need a lot of liders.
    I hear ya. I already have Track IR 5, MSFF2 joystick, Saitek Rudder Pedals with toe brakes, Cougar Throttle with more than a few rotaries, and switches, and a Throttle Quadrant with 3 levers, and six switches, and should have bought a Throttle Quadrant with 6 levers, lol.
    Intel I7 950 @ 3.8gigs
    6 Gigs Corsair 1600 memory
    Nvidia 580 Direct 11
    LG 37" LCD 1920x1080
    Corsair 60gig SSD
    MSFF2 , Cougar Throttle, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals
    Windows 7 64
    500gig HHD
    80 gig SSD with only COD, Hota Peripherials, and co

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234