Thread: Renown for planes | Forums

Do I get any renown for blasting the bastages out of the sky? If so, any list anywhere? I didnt see any listed in the community manual anywhere.
    Now that I have dual flaks on my VIIB, I enjoy the duck hunt, but is it worth it in terms of renown?
    There are 10 type of people in the world... those that understand binary, and those that don't.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Do I get any renown for blasting the bastages out of the sky? If so, any list anywhere? I didnt see any listed in the community manual anywhere.
    Now that I have dual flaks on my VIIB, I enjoy the duck hunt, but is it worth it in terms of renown?
    There are 10 type of people in the world... those that understand binary, and those that don't.

I Had The Same ?, And The Answers I Got Were "YES" , But No-One Listed Any Thing about Details on The Renown, This Mission Alone I Got A total of 16 Planes , Most All ,Search Planes, I Just Reached My Objective AL23, And Out of Nowhere A B-29 Has Been Hasseling The Hell Out of Me, But even though the water doesnt look that Rough To Me, I Get {"Cant Use Guns in Rough Water), Even At Night, If I Surface , Here He Comes. Another Little tip ,If You Dont Have A Experienced Flak Gunner, When Your In Port Next.. Use Your Promotion to Make A WO, One Of Your Flak Gunners,Or Buy One! I Did and It Helped A Lot, GOOD LUCK, Sail On
    Death is My Business'
    And Business is Good!!!!!

You are also awarded renown for blowing up static search lights. 10 for each one.
    <div style="border-top:1px solid #444444;">
    Silent Hunter III Community Manual
    The Virtual Ubootwaffe War Diary Community</div>

ok, I have found in the game install directory, in the \data\air folder are folders for the different planes. Each one has a .cfg file, and, for example, the one for the Sunderland has a line:
    RenownAwarded=70

seems like easy renown to me.

newbie q, but what is a static search light
    Wir Bauen Für den Sieg!

It's a pillbox with a searchlight in it. Placed on enemy shores, usually around the naval guns of Scapa Flow, Gibraltar and Loch Ewe (I'm sure you can find them elsewhere too).
    If you get too close, they are supposed to light you up and direct the artillery as well as notify every RN ship and airplane in the area.
    As usual..

if year &lt; 1942 then searchlight = target practise
    else
    DIVE, RUN, DON'T STOP TO LOOK!
    <div style="border-top:1px solid #444444;">
    Silent Hunter III Community Manual
    The Virtual Ubootwaffe War Diary Community</div>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bah-Da-Bing.:
    I Had The Same ?, And The Answers I Got Were "YES" , But No-One Listed Any Thing about Details on The Renown, This Mission Alone I Got A total of 16 Planes , Most All ,Search Planes, I Just Reached My Objective AL23, And Out of Nowhere A B-29 Has Been Hasseling The Hell Out of Me, But even though the water doesnt look that Rough To Me, I Get {"Cant Use Guns in Rough Water), Even At Night, If I Surface , Here He Comes. Another Little tip ,If You Dont Have A Experienced Flak Gunner, When Your In Port Next.. Use Your Promotion to Make A WO, One Of Your Flak Gunners,Or Buy One! I Did and It Helped A Lot, GOOD LUCK, Sail On </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A B-29 ??

Sure you didn't mean a B-24?