Ok, its very late and I'm tired so my sentence structure and spell is going to be off here I'm sure but bare with me.
I want to make a real thread about the flaws of this game. Not a childish immature random rant like everyone else is doing. If you act like that no one listens to you. I want to be constructive about this.
Let me start off by saying UBIsoft... I love your work, I am a huge fan and a good customer. I LOVE the Ghost recon series, I have all of the PC versions and have played them over and over and over and over. I was heartbroken when I found out GR2 wasn't for PC so I went out and bought ax Xbox so i could play the 2 games. I have to say that once again I am heartbroken at the flaws of this game. Granted, nothing is perfect and you can't please everyone... but this game is completely loaded flaws. I decided that I did not like this game by the second mission but PUSHED myself to play it not only because I spent what I consider alot of money on th is game but in hopes that it was just new. Well, I am on Guardrail IX, checkpoint 3 and I am officially done with this game. I can not play it any longer.
Ill state some issues in an outline form.
1. No quicksaves. This is the first PC game I have ever played that did not have quicksave. Not only that all other UBI games do have quick save including Splinter Cells and the other Ghost Recons. Heck, even the Splinter Cell Chaos Theory for Xbox has quick save and you never see quick saves for console games. I am tired of constantly having to redo sections of missions only becuase I'm stuck in a part later on. Ad the time up... hours get wasted. I play video games for pleasure in my spare time. I can't waste 3 hours at time replaying same issues of a mission over and over. This is annoying..... HIGHLY. Its one of the reasons I'm a PC gamer is for the quicksaves.
2. Lone missions. This game is hard enough on the easier setting then all of the sudden your thrown into a mission without your team. In MayDay MayDay. Its pitch black and the Bad guys can see you and they dont even have night vision ??? How is this possible ? Then when you fire it temporarly blinds your night vision from the fire from the barrel of the gun. How can you see if you got the guy ? Then bad guys have the ability to get back up...next thing you know your dead (see complaint number 1).
3. One of the flaws in the PC version is it has the largest maps. Bad guys are everywhere, I can't count how many times I am killed from people I have no clue where there are. I played the Xbox version of this and I must say I didn't like it at first but came to like it very soon and did very well.
4. In the Xbox version you can save whenever you like at the checkpoint trailer stations as well as refill health for your team. Why does the PC version not do this ?? I think I may go back and re rent the Xbox version. It was much better and easier to play.
5. This software is RIDDLED with bugs. Setting aside the CONSTANT crashes. I actually had the function to select the orders for your team quit working and my keys remapped. I had to completley uninstall the game and REPLAY all my missions all over again. I also had to reinstall the patch 4 times. The first three times I Couldnt even load the game, it immediately crashed !! Also, other minor bugs "Kirkland" going into a raid of constantly repeating "WAIT... I HAVE TO RELOAD !!.... RELOADING CAPTAIN" (again, see complaint 1) Try listening to that for hours on end.
6. Why the massive differences betwen the 360, XBOX and PC version... thats just more of a question than a complaint. But splinter cell they are all the same or at least extremely close. There are basically all different games for these systems. You can climb ladders and so fort in the Xbox amoung the other things I mentioned.
7. I won't even go into the multiplayer problems.
8. Signal Jammer missions. I payed alot of money for a next gen game. Paid alot of money to update my computer so I could have High Rez graphics only to go playing hours on end with fuzzy signal jammed vision. I think we get the point, you dont have to make the vision fuzzed. This is EXTREMELY annoying.
9. No anti aliasing. Seriously, this is a Next Gen game. No antialiasing ?
10. Shimmering of graphics. This may be do to no anti aliasing but everything constantly flickers. There are times it flickers where bad guys use to be that I have shot and I keep refiring at nothing because of the flickers. But again, this is bad for a next gen game. Chaos Theory and Lockdown dont do this. Superb graphics.
11. Team not moving, tanks etc. Why is it that sometimes you give orders for yoru men to move and they dont. or dely, or get halfway there and stop for no reason ? This was a problem even in teh first Ghost recon. I can see it was never fixed after 5 years.
12. Extremely instability of your weapon. Sniper rifle is the most stable and all it does is even wobble. I get in close firing range with other guys and Im spending five seconds on steadying my weapon and they already have me shot !!
13. no health refill, and even if you restart a checkpoint half the time your health square is already orangish yellow.... not green.
I'm going to stop here for now, again I'm tired and its late. Continue the discussion