Thread: Missing or Invalid Registry/ini entry error | Forums

XyZspineZyX
    I'm trying to install the 1.30 to 1.31 patch and I'm getting that error followed by the "Old File does not exist" error.

I have the actual game. The CD spins up everytime I start it and I've never used a crack.

If you (tech support) try to tell me to reinstall the entire game I'm going to go insane. This is a patch to fix the patch they already messed up and it's messed up. I've read Volkan's post about and quite honestly I was offended that he said I'm either using the hack or "custom" additions.

I am a legit player who has hosted and bought every single game in this series. The patch installed on my server just fine and I get home to play and I can't?

Reinstalling should NEVER have been an option for you to tell people. I'm willing to try and help trouble shoot but I can't accept someone telling me I'm hacking the game or using a No-CD crack.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    I'm trying to install the 1.30 to 1.31 patch and I'm getting that error followed by the "Old File does not exist" error.

I have the actual game. The CD spins up everytime I start it and I've never used a crack.

If you (tech support) try to tell me to reinstall the entire game I'm going to go insane. This is a patch to fix the patch they already messed up and it's messed up. I've read Volkan's post about and quite honestly I was offended that he said I'm either using the hack or "custom" additions.

I am a legit player who has hosted and bought every single game in this series. The patch installed on my server just fine and I get home to play and I can't?

Reinstalling should NEVER have been an option for you to tell people. I'm willing to try and help trouble shoot but I can't accept someone telling me I'm hacking the game or using a No-CD crack.

XyZspineZyX
    BTW I'm running XP Pro SP1
    DX 9.0b
    ATI 9700 Pro
    1Gb RAM
    Blah blah blah

XyZspineZyX
    same problem for me

XyZspineZyX
    Funny, I dont recall him posting Jooced is running a NO CD Crack.

90% of the people having this problem is running a hack. If you are not in this percentage, then his message wasnt directed at you.

Get over it.

Jooced wrote:
    -
    - If you (tech support) try to tell me to reinstall
    - the entire game I'm going to go insane. This is a
    - patch to fix the patch they already messed up and
    - it's messed up. I've read Volkan's post about and
    - quite honestly I was offended that he said I'm
    - either using the hack or "custom" additions.
    -
    -
    - Reinstalling should NEVER have been an option for
    - you to tell people. I'm willing to try and help
    - trouble shoot but I can't accept someone telling me
    - I'm hacking the game or using a No-CD crack.
    -
    -

http://bdcpaging.com/files/MapHelperv12.zip
    http://teamghost.com
    http://thecombatzone.net

XyZspineZyX
    I also took offense to the allusion that I was using a hack if the patch doesn't work. I have purchased the game although I did try to return it to the store where I purchased it from due to all the problems. Oddly enough they won't take it back due to the amount of people who have tried to return it, lol.

I have tried every patch and found that so far they haven't fixed much of anything and this last one makes it so I can't play anymore at all. I have spent $200 on new xms 3500 ram, and also upgraded my video card just for this **** game at the cost of $100. So far I'm out $350 and i've only been able to play about a few hours. I have tried to give this software a decent chance. But I am sick of it. Uninstalled it last night after reading all the other posts here about all the problems. I also don't see many responses to the posts by ubi or red storm or whoever trying to help people out. Lack of Support, Lack of Knowledge of the software you made! Lack of money from me in the future. I see the names ubi or redstorm on a product in the future be sure I will remember my old friend rainblow six, and will run like the devil to get away!

Dep

XyZspineZyX
    Well after a little testing I've figured out my problem. Along with this post goes a BIG F U to all the people telling me it's my fault and I'm hacking.

When I first installed RvS I installed to my D drive so the path was
    D:\Program Files\Redstorm Ent..\Raven Shield\

Then I wanted to start mapping. Since the engine doesn't allow spaces (any mapper knows about this) it's suggested (even by Amon) to install Raven Shield to a location with out spaces.

I did a full uninstall and cleaned up my personal settings like it asked. I then reinstalled to D:\RavenShield as most mappers would do.

The patch problem arose because the uninstall didn't properly get rid of the original registry entry with the original install path. When the patch was trying to execute RTPatch was looking in the D:\progra~1\.... location and saying that none of the files were there.

TO FIX THIS ISSUE:

Start regedit
    Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Red Storm Entertainment\RAVENSHIELD
    Take notice of the "InstalledPath" value. I simply corrected this and the patch installed just fine.

Hope that helps someone.

Message Edited on 07/30/0301:34PM by Jooced

XyZspineZyX
    *Bump* since support won't post it as a solution....