Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Post Your Favorite Classics! | Forums

Yeah, I'm a BIG fan of Sting. Love The Police too.
    Sting - The Soul Cages:

Sting - Nothing 'Bout Me:
    Last edited by WernherVonTrapp; 04-30-2012 at 03:30 PM.
    He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
    -Ecclesiastes 3:11 (NIV84)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

True classics:

Anyone remember?
    He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

Join Date Aug 2009 Posts 717
    Yes, I remember.
    In fact I was just talking to a guy at work about their music before the disco days.
    The young guys stood there wondering what we were talking about.

I when out and got this cd (Two Years On), now I have to get the one you posted.

I was the only one of my friends that knew the pre-disco BeeGees when they came out with the Saturday Night Fever songs. I was never a fan, but do think their pre-disco music was pretty good.
    The're in their bars, drinking, celebrating our sinking! Not yet my friends, not yet!

Anyone remember these guy?!
    Ahhh, that California surf sound.

Good choice for songs. Most people think "Little Old Lady From Pasadena" was a Beach Boys original.
    The're in their bars, drinking, celebrating our sinking! Not yet my friends, not yet!

Quote Originally Posted by fireftr18 View Post
    Good choice for songs. Most people think "Little Old Lady From Pasadena" was a Beach Boys original.
    True, but Jan and Dean go as far back as the 50s. I'm a huge Beach Boys fan too. How can anyone not love those guys? One of my favorites is their hit Barbara Ann. They all sound like they're having a lot of fun. That's what music should be, "fun". During the song, you can hear Mike Love and Brian Wilson yelling out musical instructions to no avail and the group screwed up on the closing verse of the song, calling out the wrong names in unison, but it sounds great nonetheless.

Another favorite of mine, Heroes And Villans:

And yet another favorite, Darlin':

What can I say, Do It Again:
    Last edited by WernherVonTrapp; 05-09-2012 at 12:48 PM.

Yes, The Beach Boys did make "fun" songs. They were always one of my favorites. Did anyone see them at (I think) The Emmy's, Brian Wilson looked like he was still having a lot of fun, along with the newer artists joining in.

It's sort of ironic, to say the least, to look back at the 40s & 50s music my parents used to listen to when I was in my late teens and early 20s. Ironic in that, what I used to think was "oldies" (for old people) was actually listened to by the youth of those eras. It's one of those crossroads of realization that I suppose I had to come to in my own journey through this life. Maybe we all do. Anyway, the music I used to listen to in my teens and twenties was abhorred by our elders of the day. The only listeners to be found were among my peers, the youth of my time. I suppose the same will go for the music of present day youth. It too will inevitably fall under the genre of "Golden Oldies". So, what was some of the songs/groups of our youth?

Eric Clapton began his musical "vision quest" with a group called The Yardbirds, but he did not stop there. He went on to front Derek & The Dominos, Cream and a very successful solo career. Here are some examples:

Surf/car music...never liked it, never understood it.

Now for those with a problem focusing:

Last edited by Blowtanks; 05-10-2012 at 11:07 PM.

Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast