Guild of Greeters

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I'd kill to bets test Myst V.
    Absolutely Fabulous!

I'd kill to bets test Myst V.
    Absolutely Fabulous!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Palytoxin:
    I'd kill to bets test Myst V. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a bit much, don't you think? Sure beta testing Myst V would be awesome, but you'd be trading in a polished (no bugs) game for a buggy one earlier.

Besides, this isn't a shooter game! We don't need to go around killing things.

Cheers,
    - Deg -

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Palytoxin:
    I'd kill to bets test Myst V. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a bit much, don't you think? Sure beta testing Myst V would be awesome, but you'd be trading in a polished (no bugs) game for a buggy one earlier.

Besides, this isn't a shooter game! We don't need to go around killing things.

Cheers,
    - Deg -

Take it from an Uru beta tester, beta testing a puzzle game is at times a horrific experience .

Stupid sexist Kadish door...
    ----------
    Guild of Archivists,
    D'niPedia Writers Ring (DPWR.NET)
    Uru and Myst Forum Moderator / Community Assistant
    Do not PM me for tech support or hint requests for the Myst series

Take it from an Uru beta tester, beta testing a puzzle game is at times a horrific experience .

Stupid sexist Kadish door...
    ----------
    Guild of Archivists,
    D'niPedia Writers Ring (DPWR.NET)
    Uru and Myst Forum Moderator / Community Assistant
    Do not PM me for tech support or hint requests for the Myst series

Hi,
    No one liked being an Uru beta tester better than me, for the nine or so months I did it - September to October 2003. It was a great experience.

For all that, it changes a person, at least it changed me. For one thing, I look at Uru a lot more critically than if I had just played it, and not just whether there are bugs or not. I look at the story, the gameplay, how it looks, and all that. For me, what I know about the game, the beta experience, heck, all the interactions with the developer and publisher (as a beta person, I don't know the people at Cyan personally) - it colors my opinion of the game. It does make for a different playing experience.

Not that we'll get to experience this, with Myst V. My understanding is that most solo player games don't have player beta testers. You need that sort of thing for big multiplayer games, not solo player games.
    -----------------------------
    Regards,
    mszv
    - playing Paradise
    - play Until Uru as amarez

Put that down, you are not in a game, this is my life!

Hi,
    No one liked being an Uru beta tester better than me, for the nine or so months I did it - September to October 2003. It was a great experience.

For all that, it changes a person, at least it changed me. For one thing, I look at Uru a lot more critically than if I had just played it, and not just whether there are bugs or not. I look at the story, the gameplay, how it looks, and all that. For me, what I know about the game, the beta experience, heck, all the interactions with the developer and publisher (as a beta person, I don't know the people at Cyan personally) - it colors my opinion of the game. It does make for a different playing experience.

Not that we'll get to experience this, with Myst V. My understanding is that most solo player games don't have player beta testers. You need that sort of thing for big multiplayer games, not solo player games.
    -----------------------------
    Regards,
    mszv
    - playing Paradise
    - play Until Uru as amarez

Put that down, you are not in a game, this is my life!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12