Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [Mac] Myst IV Universal Installer | Forums

Hi OldTim,

I haven't had any crashes at that point myself, though I have sometimes had a crash while working the electromagnets to control the height of the ship. Does it consistently crash for you at that point? I'll PM you with my email address so you can send me a save.
    Mac OS X installer programs for Myst games:
    Myst III | Myst IV | Myst V | See all...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

3 or 4 times in a row then I gave up. BTW I am running 10.6.5 on a last generation matte screen iMac.

Hey, Gannet7:

You da man (or woman or hermaphrodite; it's all good)! Thanks for your hard work on Myst IV/Snow Leopard. I'm looking forward to finishing this game once and for all.

People always compliment me on my computer skills, but I just simply know my way around the basic stuff. I stand in awe of people like you, who can actually do something with code. Thanks again for the help.

Matt

Cheers, Matt. Man is correct

I've been in touch with OldTim but sadly it doesn't look like there's any solution for him. Hopefully most people won't have this problem.

I am running into the same problem as joga_de, the program loads fine and I don't any error message, but when I attempt to run the screen resizes for a second then the program quits.
    Is there a fix for this?
    Ree

EDIT: I reinstalled, and am getting this message:
    "The document "Myst IV Revelation" could not be opened. System Events cannot open files in the "application" format."
    I have no idea what this means, to be frank.

Hi Reelah,
    That error message you get isn't important, it's just a random error that sometimes happens after installing that I didn't work out how to completely avoid.

As for the game not running, what size is the installed app? If it's smaller than 7.5 GB, post a file listing of your discs as per the instructions I posted to joga_de above.

The app size is 7.5 GB. I am running on a 2.53GHz MacBook Pro.
    Thank you for the help!

Okay, open Terminal and paste this command (assuming you installed to the Applications folder):
    /Applications/Myst\ IV\ Revelation/Contents/MacOS/cider
    This will simply run the game from within Terminal and print out error messages which you can post back here. There will be a bunch of errors which are normal but hopefully there will be something abnormal too.
    Does the screen go black for a moment when you run it?

These are the errors I get:

FreeType could not be loaded.
    FreeType could not be loaded.
    err:wave_audiodevice:audio_device_stereo_channels device 260 failed to get preferred stereo channels (0x77686f3f)
    err:wave_audiodevice:audio_device_channel_volume_w ritable device 260 failed to get volume writable (0x77686f3f)
    err:wave_audiodevice:audio_device_format failed to get device 260 format inputChannel: 0 (0x77686f3f)
    err:wave_audiodevice:audio_device_stereo_channels device 258 failed to get preferred stereo channels (0x77686f3f)
    err:wave_audiodevice:audio_device_channel_volume_w ritable device 258 failed to get volume writable (0x77686f3f)
    err:wave_audiodevice:audio_device_format failed to get device 258 format inputChannel: 0 (0x77686f3f)
    err:wave_audiodevice:audio_device_format failed to get device 262 format inputChannel: 1 (0x77686f3f)
    err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin msacm.drv: dlopen(/Users/Reelah/Desktop/Myst IV Revelation.app/Contents/Frameworks/libmsacm.drv.dylib, 2): image not found
    err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin msacm.drv: dlopen(/Users/Reelah/Desktop/Myst IV Revelation.app/Contents/Frameworks/libmsacm.drv.dylib, 2): image not found
    err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin midimap.drv: dlopen(/Users/Reelah/Desktop/Myst IV Revelation.app/Contents/Frameworks/libmidimap.drv.dylib, 2): image not found
    err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin midimap.drv: dlopen(/Users/Reelah/Desktop/Myst IV Revelation.app/Contents/Frameworks/libmidimap.drv.dylib, 2): image not found
    err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin joystick.drv: dlopen(/Users/Reelah/Desktop/Myst IV Revelation.app/Contents/Frameworks/libjoystick.drv.dylib, 2): image not found
    err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin joystick.drv: dlopen(/Users/Reelah/Desktop/Myst IV Revelation.app/Contents/Frameworks/libjoystick.drv.dylib, 2): image not found
    err:dinputjoy:joydev_load couldn't load joystick driver
    err:dinputjoy:joydev_load couldn't load joystick driver
    err:wave_audiodevice:audio_device_set_nominal_samp le_rate device 262 failed to set sample rate (0x21646174)

The screen does go black for a moment.

Okay, all of that is just the normal stuff. What is your system version? What language are you using?
    Try a complete file listing of the app:
    ls -lR /Users/Reelah/Desktop/Myst\ IV\ Revelation.app

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast