Thread: Question about returning to port. | Forums

Banned
    I'm just curious, as I've never really actually completed a patrol in the entire time I've had the game until now. I'm running low on fuel (playing on realistic fuel), and I need to RTB. If I took off from Kiel, can I return to Wilhelmshaven, or must I go back to Kiel?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Banned
    I'm just curious, as I've never really actually completed a patrol in the entire time I've had the game until now. I'm running low on fuel (playing on realistic fuel), and I need to RTB. If I took off from Kiel, can I return to Wilhelmshaven, or must I go back to Kiel?

You can go any friendly ports (blue ones) and dock there. But you won't able to award your crew, and you might not able to upgrade your boat to other kind.
    If you are not playing 100%, you can always hit "Esc", and click back to port. It will take you to your own one, even you were at the Pacific!

Mods: GWX3.0 Gold, SH3 commander

you can still hand out awards in friendly port, just can't do anything to your boat.

Banned
    Thanks guys. Yeah I ended up going to Wilhelmshaven and couldn't figure out how to dock (:-x) I mean I pulled into where you take off from, but I couldn't figure out how to RTB or whatever. Heh.

So I ended up running out of disel and them my aft batteries wouldn't recharge and had to Esc RTB.

Oh man, if you made it all the way, you can escape and select "Dock at Wilhelmshaven". Don't even have to go to port, as long as you're like 25 or 45, cant remember, kilometers from it

Gadfly wrote: "You can go any friendly ports (blue ones) and dock there. But you won't able to award your crew, and you might not able to upgrade your boat to other kind.
    If you are not playing 100%, you can always hit "Esc", and click back to port. It will take you to your own one, even you were at the Pacific!"

I have not been able to do this, unless I am less that 50km from port. Can you explain?

You can DOCK at your home port within 50km, and get 100 renown for it in STOCK game. Otherwise, Esc will return you to base with no reward.

However, GWX 3 removed the 100 renown thing, so I see no reason to sail to port for half an hour anymore

So if I "esc" to port when I am homeward bound (regardless of distance), it will take me there with no loss of tonnage, only loss of the 100 renown?

(That's a price I'll pay, it can take a loong time to get home late in the campaign.)

yes indeed. You are correct