Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the most boring game you ever played, yet finished anyway? | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Mine was Dragon Warrior on the NES. It was so boring, as it seemed like I had to spend about 80% of the game walking around & fighting monsters to get stronger & get money to buy weapons, with the occasional dungeon here and there. Of course, the dungeons were all pretty much the same. The graphics were terrible (by NES standards), there was pretty much no storyline to follow, and the battles (which was a vast majority of the game) were just choosing to fight/use a spell/run which required no skill apart from highlighting an option and pressing A.

Nonetheless, I played through the entire thing despite it being so dull. It was a step above masochism.
    --------------------------------
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
    And poof. Just like that, he's gone."
    - Verbal Kint
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Mine was Dragon Warrior on the NES. It was so boring, as it seemed like I had to spend about 80% of the game walking around & fighting monsters to get stronger & get money to buy weapons, with the occasional dungeon here and there. Of course, the dungeons were all pretty much the same. The graphics were terrible (by NES standards), there was pretty much no storyline to follow, and the battles (which was a vast majority of the game) were just choosing to fight/use a spell/run which required no skill apart from highlighting an option and pressing A.

Nonetheless, I played through the entire thing despite it being so dull. It was a step above masochism.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
    - Verbal Kint

Once I'd figured it out, it has to be The Elder Scrolls: Arena. The first of the series, boiled down this one went like this: make a character who can cast spells, because you can't win the game without that ability. Play through the prologue to get out into the game worlds. Talk to the NPCs until you find the one with the quest. Said NPC will direct you to do something for them before they tell you what you need. Go to the dungeon, go down to the bottom level, get item, return to NPC. Get information one where you need to go, go to the dungeon, go down to the bottom level, go on to next NPC. Rinse, repeat. Every single quest was like this, one dungeon for the NPC followed by one dungeon for you.

Banned
    Gears of war,the game was boring as hell but had great online

GoW was boring as ****

but the most boring was GTA VC for Xbox

I didn't think GoW was too boring the first time through.

Any time past that it's a ****ing sedative.

I actually thought Halo 2 SP was absolutely brutal. I nearly fell asleep several times while attempting to conquer its dullness.

I'll have to go with you on Halo 2. I loved the first Halo, but the 2nd one just didn't have that effect on me.
    - Verbal Kint

I never beat Halo 2 SP because it was so bad. It was the most boring SP I ever played. Probably the only game I started playing and never finished.

When I first played Batman Begins I was already aware of the story from the movie. So I didn't pay to much attention to the story as much as I already knew it. Not to say the story was boring at all, but it was one of the few games where I wasn't hanging on the edge of my seat with the "WHAT HAPPENS?!?!??!" effect as I already knew.

It's a great game tho. Also great for Splinter Cell fans as the game play is very similar.
    --
    Jackie Fiest

Battlestations Midway was really boring for me. The campaign was super slow-paced and there wasn't much variety in the missions. Most of the game was based on sending aircraft from your carrier to bomb a place the was about two minutes away. What's worse, once the planes finished unloading their bombs, you had to order them back to your ship, wait for them to land and send out new ones. One mission could take you about an hour to complete--more if you failed a mission, which happened often.

Anyway, I finished it: It was short.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast