Thread: Query Ports / Admin Ports | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Outpost App [UK]

Hey,

Its me again.

I'm looking to make some kind of program that helps out server administrators with their FarCry 2 server.

Does anyone know if there is a query port for the FarCry 2 servers?

Or... is it possible to remotely connect to the server to perform admin commands on it. I know with the new server prog you can do admin_login, admin_setsetting, etc.. when you are connected to the server, but what about if your not connected to the server?

If i try to telnet or do a raw connection to a FC server with the game port, it doesn't work obviously. Are there any other ports that anyone knows of. Once i figure out how to connect to a query / remote then everything else is simple.

Garnett
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hey,

Its me again.

I'm looking to make some kind of program that helps out server administrators with their FarCry 2 server.

Does anyone know if there is a query port for the FarCry 2 servers?

Or... is it possible to remotely connect to the server to perform admin commands on it. I know with the new server prog you can do admin_login, admin_setsetting, etc.. when you are connected to the server, but what about if your not connected to the server?

If i try to telnet or do a raw connection to a FC server with the game port, it doesn't work obviously. Are there any other ports that anyone knows of. Once i figure out how to connect to a query / remote then everything else is simple.

Garnett

the admin_setsetting commands are more for in-game type commands like setting the minimum number of players in a match, etc. These types of commands are not necssary to remotely admin the server as they are set in the dedicated_server.cfg. I map a network path to my .cfg for quick editing. Commands like net_skipmap and net_shuffleteams are pb commands and can be run from the pbweb rcon. You can also ban people from the pbweb rcon.
    essentially... I suggest that you run it.

Yes m0dul8r idd, but the webtool is also using somekind of query port and that is what Garnett is looking for. The only problem with the pbweb tool is that you need to have a static IP.

I speak for my own now, but i think more people don't feel like it to change their config everytime your IP refresh.

So if Garnett could find that query port he can easily make an rcon program similar used in other games where you just enter the server ip and query port.

Now you gonna say yeah but the IP isn't static and bla bla bla. Well, it is easier to look wich IP your server is running at the moment than changing everything in the cfg file.

Grtz

Looks like our hosts are really coming together to figure out ways around the crappy setup we have (for the moment) and Im excited. We have Mchat's extender coming back whenever they fix the local input, and not see this...will this be available to other hosts? I use pbweb and pbpower now, but many other hosts would make use of your tool.

The tool i am making will be available to everyone once i have completed it.

I am working on it at the minute and Promethium is helping me out with testing it.

At the minute i have it automatically restarting the FC Server Process if it isn't currently running (because it seems that when it crashes / looses connection, it just, disappears).

Secondly it will have the function to alter your configuration file from a GUI.

Thirdly, i will make it so you can just tick a box, and things like pbrcon, pbpower, etc.. can be automatically setup for you

Should be a nice little tool once its done..

Thanks,
    Garnett

- C2A is recruiting 16+ calltoarms.net -

Its the hard work and dedicaton of guys like you and Mchat and other hosts that will carry the MP of this game as far as it can go. We are all grateful for your efforts

Lol, if ubi doesn't do sh*t do keep the community alive somebody has to do it. Can't wait to see what Mchat is bringing us. To bad we have to wait for a new patch from ubi for the input bug on the new launcher.