Thread: Well this just sucks. _ | Forums

I'm at the Observatory (71%) on Gamecube and I ended up defeating the sand guys with just a tiny bit of health left. After saving over my game and then going up on the platform, getting the sandcloud, swinging to the crank, twisting the planets into position, and then crossing the gap with the poles I found that there is no way to drop down without getting hurt slightly. Unfortunetly for me, I don't have the health to spare for that one small drop and so I basically have to start the entire game over because there is no way for me to get water and I can't play back at my last save. Fortunetly I've already beat this game once and I was going through it again, but this still sucks. I hope that can't happen in PoP:2
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I thought this for a long time

However, there is a way to finish that puzzle without being hurt.

Every time you are about to jump off a pole to land on a ledge (the part where you would get hurt) simply press "Jump/Roll" right before you hit. The Prince will do a roll, and he will take no damage.

-Reisen

Thank you so much for this tip. I was in this exact position and have been desperately looking for a way around starting my game over entirely. You've saved my opinion of what I think is one of the greatest games around. Thanks again!

Yeh, I had that exact same problem too. Only for me, I had to go all the way back to my last save point (about 45 minutes away) to finish it. Only shortly after realizing that I could've just rolled.

"When we dream, we enter a world that is entirely our own" ~Dumbledore.
    Special thanks to Hysteric for my new sig.
    My Board.

Definitely a point taken.
    When i first trekked through those baddies, and the observatory. First instinct was to roll, after several tries *and losses.
    Really bit having to start way, way back.
    But it really kept things challenging.

I'm in the same position, but I can't seem to make the roll. I've practiced a lot but he still keeps plopping down dead. So, you swing, jump off, and then just hit jump/roll before he hits the ground. I've tried it, and it's not working. Any suggestions?

just as you're about to touch the ground make a roll so you won't get hurt...

Most Helpful Prince of Persia Community Member kakalukiaJay's Avatar
    For specific button sequences, you should mention on which hardware platform you are playing SOT.