Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Foul Language...? | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Conviction gets a bad rap for having excessive bad language, and it is a little much I know, but I still have to smile when I shoot out a light above a guard and he goes "Hoooly ****!"

They should tone down the cursing in the next game, but it DOES add to the atmosphere at times.

Michael Ironside is Sam Fisher!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

An option to turn it off should be standard.

It doesnt bother me at all, the murderous content should surely be more offensive than an f-bomb. Gears has potty mouth too but it's mature gaming and the expletives are common in real blue collar military environments, what that says about education levels is irrelevant, its not fantasy though.

Just wish I could button prompt an F U evry now and again during/after a shoot out...not a big wish though.

Beland once told me on twitter that he wanted the player "to be well informed"..

F-bombs, high-school insults like "You're just a girl!", and other ridiculous sounding things a grown man would say - Are so extreme.. YES - We are well informed that the guards hate you, and are determined to "put a bullet in you!", but I think a real world group of guards, in a situation like that would be more tactical and professional..

I find we're constantly picking apart the core of what Conviction was designed to be, as a game.. And there are a lot of things I like about it - The problems I have with SCC are usually in the little aesthetic choices..
    VeritcalSpeed87 on XBL.
    Check out the Splinter Cell 7 idea thread - OPSAT SMI Interface - Explored.

There was a Penny Arcade comic that perfectly illustrated just how unbearably annoying the guard chatter could get. The middle school-level cursing only added to the irritating dialog.

They don't need to tone down the cursing, they just need better writers.
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I can agree with that.. But only because cursing doesn't bother me..

If I had kids around while I was playing, that wouldn't be a good thing - But really, it's better to just shut the game off - What kind of father would I be if I let that cussing go on like so..

But really, if you hear cursing - You're doing Splinter Cell wrong

Remain undetected like a good little operative, and things all just work out..
    VeritcalSpeed87 on XBL.

There are times where the mouthing off is unavoidable, like when you have to protect that terminal at White Box or after you shoot the vice presidents knees in the White House (Or was it before that? Can't remember).
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.

well if they are going to get the mature rating for the expletives they might well have those stage performers take their tops off while theyre at it, downstairs st. Pete i think.

What bothers me isn't so much the swearing as it is the akward pattern of the NPC's unscripted speech. Once they're searching for you, anything they say is irritating.

I would suggest the following remedies. One, find more people to voice the bad guys so it's not the same punk yelling over and over again. Then, baybe make every phrase unique to a particular map like some of them were in conviction. Ex: "This is a private airfield!" Any phrases beyond that should be kept simple. For example, "What the hell?" instead of "Come out! I can hear you shuffling around out out there!"

"Say hi to lambert for me!"

One of my personal favourites:

"CAREFUL!!!!"
    VeritcalSpeed87 on XBL.

Its great when you hear the guy say "I thought you were some kind of badass..." then you drop on him and break his neck.

Michael Ironside is Sam Fisher!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast