Thread: Trigens' Damage inflicting area - for real ?? | Forums

Map Editor | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Far Cry 4 | Kyrat Tuk Tuk Stories [EUROPE]

Far Cry® 4 Arena Master [UK]

CGI Launch Trailer | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

--- MINOR minor spoiling ahead ---

I am playing FC in small paces since I don't have time with 3 - 4 hour sittings. I have just gotten to that part where you're running around in that half-electrical, steamy installation, where you first meet a so called "Fat Guy". Through the door on your right, right after the mounted gun (with that flaming barrel infront of it - if you know what place I'm talking about) you get to the kitchen. When you approach the stoves, three Trigens comes through the door behind 'em.

So, the first one comes through, I start firing away at it with my shotgun whilst I'm backing away from the stoves, gaining a distance of atleast 6 - 8 steps from 'em. Then this Trigen who's standing BEHIND the stoves takes a leap at me - and even though it jumps right into the stoves, not getting any closer to me, it still manages to hit me. There could easily fit like 4 - 5 Trigens between us, but still it manages to hurt me.

I've seen this before too, me standing on higher grounds, Trigen down below jumps up towards me, Trigen only get half way up, Trigen still hits me and I go dead. Anyone else experienced any "unnatural" reach by Trigens - like they'd hit you with an invicible 18 feet arm or something ?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

--- MINOR minor spoiling ahead ---

I am playing FC in small paces since I don't have time with 3 - 4 hour sittings. I have just gotten to that part where you're running around in that half-electrical, steamy installation, where you first meet a so called "Fat Guy". Through the door on your right, right after the mounted gun (with that flaming barrel infront of it - if you know what place I'm talking about) you get to the kitchen. When you approach the stoves, three Trigens comes through the door behind 'em.

So, the first one comes through, I start firing away at it with my shotgun whilst I'm backing away from the stoves, gaining a distance of atleast 6 - 8 steps from 'em. Then this Trigen who's standing BEHIND the stoves takes a leap at me - and even though it jumps right into the stoves, not getting any closer to me, it still manages to hit me. There could easily fit like 4 - 5 Trigens between us, but still it manages to hurt me.

I've seen this before too, me standing on higher grounds, Trigen down below jumps up towards me, Trigen only get half way up, Trigen still hits me and I go dead. Anyone else experienced any "unnatural" reach by Trigens - like they'd hit you with an invicible 18 feet arm or something ?

same happend to me and i think they need to patch this problem because its annoying I had a trigent jumping on me just as I go around a corner so he would miss still I dy because he 'hit' me

Yeah, in the catacombs I was running backwards from a trigen shooting it. It was a good 1 - 2m away, it swiped it's arm at me, and bang, I died.

I've had Trigens even farther away from me (3-5 meters) and killed me with the swipe of an arm. This is something that needs to be addressed in another patch.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I've had Trigens even farther away from me (3-5 meters) and killed me with the swipe of an arm. This is something that needs to be addressed in another patch. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, exactly. And what's not to forget here is that those Trigens, even with full health and armor, they only need two direct hits to take you out. It wouldn't have been quite such a big issue if you could take more hits from those Tri's - but when two swipes is all you have, then it's certainly not fair to go down by "cheating" Tri's !

(I wonder if the topic of this thread could be changed so it would get some attention from the "patch-workers" if they're visiting...)