Thread: NVidia in Driver Lawsuit | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

This may help to explain the problems people here have been having with their NVidia cards- especially the 8800 series. http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/d...208235331.html
    Hundreds of end-users reported complaints about instabilities, erratic behaviour, driver bugs and other kind of issues that they faced because of Nvidia's ForceWare drivers designed for Microsoft Windows Vista. End-users with various graphics cards, including the latest top-of-the-range GeForce 8800-series, criticized Nvidia ForceWare for poor performance and stability, something, that the logotype "Vista Ready" is not meant to say.
    Nvidia, according to InformationWeek web-site, has acknowledged that its Vista drivers have not performed as well as they should, and said in an e-mail that driver development for Vista is "the highest priority in our company".

"We are working diligently to make sure we achieve and maintain the level of driver quality and reliability that Nvidia is known for. Over the coming weeks, Nvidia and our partners, along with the industry will continue to update Windows Vista drivers to ensure maximum performance on 3D applications and add feature support," Brian Burke, public relations director of Nvidia said.
    They are talking about issues with Vista, but the issue appears to apply to other applications too like this game.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

This may help to explain the problems people here have been having with their NVidia cards- especially the 8800 series. http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/d...208235331.html
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Hundreds of end-users reported complaints about instabilities, erratic behaviour, driver bugs and other kind of issues that they faced because of Nvidia's ForceWare drivers designed for Microsoft Windows Vista. End-users with various graphics cards, including the latest top-of-the-range GeForce 8800-series, criticized Nvidia ForceWare for poor performance and stability, something, that the logotype "Vista Ready" is not meant to say.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Nvidia, according to InformationWeek web-site, has acknowledged that its Vista drivers have not performed as well as they should, and said in an e-mail that driver development for Vista is "the highest priority in our company".

"We are working diligently to make sure we achieve and maintain the level of driver quality and reliability that Nvidia is known for. Over the coming weeks, Nvidia and our partners, along with the industry will continue to update Windows Vista drivers to ensure maximum performance on 3D applications and add feature support," Brian Burke, public relations director of Nvidia said.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    They are talking about issues with Vista, but the issue appears to apply to other applications too like this game.

So after months of complaining and countless "I hate UBI" posts and threads.It turns out it wasnt UBIS fault after all.....

May i be the first to say -I TOLD YOU SO!-

Now,excuse me for i have a flame proof shield i need to go hide behind

or amybe ppl should have gotten a brain and just bought a 360........

you have room behind that sheild?

[COLOR:RED]On a mission to.......wait where the hell is everyone?[/COLOR]

Just because some of us prefer to play it on the PC doesn't mean we are stupid. That is a very ignorant statement, stealth_chill.
    I have the fifth freedom... so watch out, here I come
    Originally registered July 17, 2002

I agree with stealth_chill people should get their games on the 360 if they can well at least people like me who know nothing about computers

~pops out from behind flame proof shield~

I built my rig to get away from consoles and i can say ive never been happier.Regarding DA...well i borrowed my mates 360 when he went on holiday and Splinter Cell didnt seem to run any better than my pc runs it.Hes not connected to net so wouldnt have updates but i dont imagine they would improve it.My pc seems to run it just as good anyway.As for other games i dont see any improvements on his games than mine anyway.Furthermore...I built this rig cheaper than he bought his 360.So i guess pc owners arent that stupid!

~hides behind shield again~

I think it is just a warning to be careful about adopting the latest technology before the bugs are worked out like Vista or the new "unified shader" video cards like the 8800 series. ATI updates their drivers more often so they can fix problems quicker. I do not hear of as many issues with their products. Just my observation.

People are suing Nvidia because thier drivers are not that good is not cool.
    Did people forget when XP was released there were performance issues then as well.
    People just gotta be patient they have to get the drivers running good not just for DX9 but DX10 as well DX 10 is a completely diffrent animal from DX9.
    And from what I remember the Vista betas did not have dx10 on them at all.
    When I first installed a game on my new Vista Ultimate It said that dx9 was needed to play the game.
    So I did not install it because I had DX 10 already on it.
    After I tried to start the game it would not run I still had to install dx9 the bottom line is they are trying to get the code working for 2 diffrent dxs on 500 diffrent products.
    I did'nt include the 1000's of games they need to get running from DX6 and up as well

DirectX 10 is not backward compatable with DirectX 9- that is why it did not work until you installed DirectX 9.