Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can these PC specs run Far Cry? | Forums

Kyrat Edition Trailer | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Survive Kyrat | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

KYRAT SERIES 1 - The lowlands | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Hurk is back! | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Hey everyone. I'm currently building a new PC and I'm wondering if these specs won't bring the parts bottleneck, and I want to know at what settings I will be able to run the game at (Low/Medium/High)and will I get any lag, or what resolution is the best I could use, and what FPS approx. I can get with the card.

Specs:

AMD ATHLON64 3000+ CPU w/ Hyper Transport Technology
    ASUS K8N nForce3 250 Chipset AGP8X w/LAN Mobo
    1024 MB (512MBx2) PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel DDR Memory
    Hitachi HD 160GB 7200RPM Serial ATA 150 8MB Cache
    ATI RADEON 9600 XT 256MB DDR AGP 8X W/ TV-OUT & DVI
    Audigy 2 7.1 sound card

I'm not willing to change the graphics card, because I like this one, and I read some great reviews about it instead of the Nvidia 5600-5700 FX cards.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

That will run fine a medium settings.

Originally posted by marts123:
    That will run fine a medium settings.
    Wow, medium. Far Cry is a very demanding game. I was expecting something like high, but I guess that's for a Radeon 9800 XT or something. If I put the settings on high, is it possible for any lag? I'm also planning not to use AA or AF, since I heard Far Cry even looks good with them turned off.

My specs in the sig.

I have a 9800 XT and can run 1024x768 on high, but not very high. Also, no AA or AF.
    I agree with marts123 but if you set textures to medium you may be able to go to high with a few of the options. To keep average framerates over 30 you will have to compromise some on the graphics.

The 9600 XT is a great midrange card and runs Far Cry much better than the Nvidia 5700.

CPU - good
    Memory - good
    graphics card -hhmmm average to low

Farcry is a very demanding game and the 9600xt will give fine performance but limited. It will run at the high settings but with a fps hit,you will need to tweak and test the settings to find the best for your system.

I would recommend
    1024x768 res
    0xAA
    2xAF
    High textures
    High SFX
    Medium shadows
    Medium lighting
    Medium/High water
    Particles medium/high

The only way is to test them yourself and see what is an exceptable framrate for you. If it is to low then lower some settings and if it is fine try some higher 1's.
    Personally i would try at 800x600 and 2xAA and max the settings as a test

Good luck ,have fun

Aye scoops ,we posted at same time . I need not have bothered.

Eh, framerates. It's not like they are noticeable with the naked eye unless the FPS are really low and I really don't care that much about them. If I get like 30 fps and all max settings, I'm fine. I don't think the game runs slow at 30 fps? Correct me if I'm wrong. I really love Far Cry's graphics, and even with a little lag I wouldn't mind so I can get all the eye candy out of Far Cry. Right now, I don't have this PC, but I'll build it sometime in June, and I'll give the results to you all. As for the water, I'd put it on Ultra High, I love that water. I think Half-Life 2 runs better with the 9600 XT, right? Since the 9600 XT comes with a Half-Life 2 voucher and you get the game free via steam. Resolution: Not going below 1024x768. I always use that resolution on all of the games, and I don't need anything higher either.

Half Life 2 is easier on your PC than Far Cry. Your system will have no probs at 1024x768 even using AA and AF.

If you max your system's resources watch out for heat becoming a factor. Heat is the great killer of electronic gear.

Originally posted by fabulouscoops:
    Half Life 2 is easier on your PC than Far Cry. Your system will have no probs at 1024x768 even using AA and AF.

If you max your system's resources watch out for heat becoming a factor. Heat is the great killer of electronic gear.
    I don't think I'll worry that much about heat since I'll have like 5-6 fans and a good 500 watt PSU. Also, I'm trying to access the Tweak Guide for Far Cry but the connection times out everytime, and I'm desperate, I wanna take a look at it. I tried both Mozilla, and IE.

I just accessed the Tweak Guide and the link is good. Not sure about why you are getting a timeout

Great, it works now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast