Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your opinion of Sensors? | Forums

XyZspineZyX
    I used sensors for the first time last night and I must say that they are extremely helpful. Perhaps TOO helpful, in that I know exact enemy movements anywhere within the area. I will never walk into a room filled with Tangos again!

But my question is what is the general consensus about Sensors? How to players feel about playing with them or against them? Is there an unspoken rule to not use them in Team vs. Team play?

- MaxofTat
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    I used sensors for the first time last night and I must say that they are extremely helpful. Perhaps TOO helpful, in that I know exact enemy movements anywhere within the area. I will never walk into a room filled with Tangos again!

But my question is what is the general consensus about Sensors? How to players feel about playing with them or against them? Is there an unspoken rule to not use them in Team vs. Team play?

- MaxofTat

XyZspineZyX
    i use sensors all the time now that they are available with something other then the MP5...they are definetly very handy, i dont mind playing agianst them, ya just have to be more careful when ya turn a corner...i do know sdome people that hate them and think they are cheap, but they hafta deal with that....

<center> </center><center></center><center> </center>

XyZspineZyX
    Thanks, Claudeboy88, I'll take it from here as I am one of 'those people'. I hate them, but they are part of the game so I have to suck it up. Some servers make them available and some don't. Their effectiveness is really kinda' limited in MP because when you respawn any that you layed out in your 'previous life' are gone.

I dislike them because they encourage camping and seem a little too sci-fi for this game. Imagine a bunch of soldiers running around with Palm Pilots checking for enemies. I know the technology exists because the company for which I work makes the systems for up to the second mapping, but I don't like sensors.

Another problem I have with them is when you come around a corner and get shot you don't really know if you were careless or hapless...

If you see them you can destroy them by shooting them (or blowing them up), though. [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif[/img]

<LEFT> <LEFT>

Don't try to run away - you'll only die tired.

XyZspineZyX
    Depends on the map and how I feel. I may start out [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif[/img] and won't use them, but if I get [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif[/img] then out they come. They don't always work, I think, as in areas with lots of rock, but maybe it's just me. I do like the looking around part, but the AI tango's are can see me way better than i can see them so I sometimes need the edge.

Peace Through Superior Firepower

XyZspineZyX
    It is for me a 50/50 thing.

The K is for KILL so watch out folks.

XyZspineZyX
    To MaxofTat,

I don't care if people use them as there apart of the game weapon loadout so I just get on with my job. Some servers allow them others don't and I respect the rules were I am playing.

Must say I played on a server not so long ago and it was docks map LMS and server rules where no support/explosives and only single shot. Even if you have a auto weapon you could only fire single shot and those were the rules when joining so respect the host.

Trouble was all the host did was lay sensors and camp which I don't care how gamers play there games. I noticed he was killing allot of guys quickly and I had shot someone's sensors on a regular basis but didn't know who was laying them. I soon realised who it was and changed my game play and overcome the problem but the host didn't change his game play to overcome me working out his strategy and in this case he paid for that.

XyZspineZyX
    snipe21 wrote:
    - Trouble was all the host did was lay sensors and
    - camp which I don't care how gamers play there games.
    - I noticed he was killing allot of guys quickly and I
    - had shot someone's sensors on a regular basis but
    - didn't know who was laying them. I soon realised who
    - it was and changed my game play and overcome the
    - problem but the host didn't change his game play to
    - overcome me working out his strategy and in this
    - case he paid for that.

That sounds familiar; I think I've been on that server before, but I don't remember the name. I left after a few games because I'm not yet good/patient enough to overcome Sensor SPAMing...

<LEFT> <LEFT>

Don't try to run away - you'll only die tired.

XyZspineZyX
    To:MaxofTat
    Simply, if You have to use them, than use them, but otherwise it's more fun to play without sensors.
    It's definitly up to You and Your ingame tactic!

Have a fun!

For Serbia and Honor!
    63. Paratroop Brigade.

XyZspineZyX
    or better still, jam yourself in the farmost corner of the map, in the hope that you can see evert thing in a 90 degree angle......

<font size=2 color=gold>who needs bullet time when you can use MULLET TIME!! </font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast