Originally posted by hanz_h:
- Do NOT use invisible walls.
- Offer Linux dedicated server support
- Basicly integrate most features of XT (especially stuff like a good server admin panel etc).
- Support for custom content. Imho Cod 2 has excellent support for this because in Cod you will auto download any custom content on a server, whether it be a mod, map or anything else. Download location should be settable by server admins.
- Let server be able to put in custom map rotation, a mod as a map, without the client and server restarting (Clivey)
- Support a bigger amount of people in a server. 24 should be the least to strive for.
- Inlcude an african remake of airstrip (most of the map should be the same but in african setting). Other maps like mango are welcome to of course.
- Decrease the possibilities to change all kinds of video settings that are cheat sensitive.
- In the server listing, have the timer that refreshes every 1 min, so you know how long the game has left before joining it. (Clivey)
- Maybe consider a queue system. If its full, list next to the server name how many are waiting in the queue (Clivey)
- Have an anti-tamper anti-cheat system in place. Drop kick PB out the window and use something better (Ice-T)
- Have a vote-spamming defence system in place to stop undesirables constantly raising votes that stop other gamers from kicking them off the server (Ice-T)
- Patch and content distribution system - like Valve does with Steam (Slugworth)
- Don't skimp on bandwidth consumption - dedicated servers hardly ever hit network bottlenecks. Let the game server push more data to clients if the server admin wants to allow it. (Slugworth)
- CVAR lockdown - lock every CVAR in MP, then figure out which ones you need to allow changes to for normal game play and open only those. (Slugworth)
- Logging of players ingame chat to help admins deal with abusive players (Brimlad)
- Integrate a demo system so you can check people on a demo afterwards (Unreal)
- Keep first person spectator mode as in FC 1 (Unreal)
- Let crouching and proning cost stamina as well. It enhances a bit of realism and ends endless prone, get up, crouch combinations.
- Add a small delay when going prone. Maybe a small animated move. For example in GRAW I remember when going prone you made kind of a jump forward to get down and when getting up you'd get up on one knee first, then stand up fully.
- Coloured names in multiplayer, simular to farcry (Wags)
- Add a kill cam (Clivey)
- Keep assault! [And make no changes (Unreal)
- Obviously better balance in weapons. 1.4 had a go but was timed far too late after release, thus became a flop.
- Include 1.4 mapping team for map feedback. The one good thing that came out of 1.4 was the remake/fixes to the standard maps. They are now played far more then the 'old' standard maps. (Ok being a bit selfish here I'll admit
- Try and reward teamplay more. To give an example something that really worked for BF2142 is the revival tool. This will give a huge drive to stick near team mates. [Possibly revival should have a delay in it (Unreal)
- To steal a little more from BF2142. I love the ability in their to create squads. The respawn tool is a big advantage. I like the ability to be able to spawn on a teamleader next to fixed spawnpoints.
- Another thing from BF2142: The ability to spot enemies so they'll show up on your team's rader for a short while.
- Xfire type of buddy list in multiplayer browser (yes again this also in BF. Sorry they just got a lot of stuff right imho
- Be really carefull with adding any rockets to multiplayer, especially as secondary fire. Easily creates an imbalance which will result in them being removed by an SSM.
- I think rocket launchers should be dropped from MP, but assault rifles with nade launchers are OK, as long as they (a) require skill to use, and (b) cannot be used to spam nade in quick concession. (Ice-T)
- Bot support in MP games (Slugworth)
- Keep the siron in Assault when flag is touched (Unreal)
- The respawn system in assault is the best used in any mp gameplay (Unreal)
- Mp maps should offer a wide variety of routes towards a flag/enemy (Unreal)
- Do not make Mp a 1 shot one kill game. I liked in FC 1 that it took a few bullets to kill someone (Unreal)
- A few small indoor multiplayer maps. (GodZ)
- Inbuilt Team Speak with a difference. If your player is near an opponent and that player is speaking to their team mates in their TS, you can here what he is saying to his team mates (Clivey)
- Allow players to pick up the weapons of dead players (IceT)
- Restrict Buildable objects to current active flag/base (IceT)
- The ability to call out for a medic when you're wounded (Umbongo)
Community and modding stuff:
- Stream more stats to web based clients as standard (Clivey)
- Distribute with the game a Clan folder. This would include, images/art work, themes, modules, plugins to capture the above stats and be for the more popular CMS (Clivey)
- Dont close off the ClassRegistry.lua to only have the standard Entities enabled. Add open ended entries that allow a mapper to add what every vehicle/skins/character/weapons they need to make their map feel right (Clivey)
- Distribute a client GUI app that enables a server admin to simply select score points, weapons settings etc with simple drop down/tick box/input box options (Clivey)
- Add a client GUI app that enables a modder to control things like vehicle speed/braking, velocity etc via a slide bar method that just writes the value to the lua file in the appropriate line (Clivey)
- Have a globally controlled authorised client "Custom Objects" folder that is PB'd and Modellers contribute content to via a managed service/website (Clivey)
- Ubi-public servers should have some human admins (Ice-T)
- Web-based server admin UI - better than the remote client UI like BF2 does. See UT2004 for examples. (Slugworth)
- Mod support - Modders need an SDK, good documentation, and developer support in order to get their mods completed. (Slugworth)
- End object glitching
- Repair difference between 1st player view and 3rd player view, (related to first).
- End cd-key issues.
- Much better netcode for multiplayer / improve server code efficiency