Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Codename Farralon - destroy second heli | Forums

Hello
    I'm trying to destroy the second heli in the mission ACT III Codename Farralon.
    Though i read again and again in the forum i cant do this.
    Note That i dont have any team mate from the start, and the commander says at the beginning that i'm "on my own" at this mission. so who can help me? there are no team mate. i try shooting with my l4 but can only made the heli smoke. it never blows.
    please advice what to do.
    Thanks ahead
    Roni
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

You might not have no team members either because they're all dead from previous missions, or you didn't choose any before the mission started. I know that if a team member is killed in a mission, you can't choose that team member in the next mission. It takes about a mission or two for that member to become available. So, he'll be missing in the next mission or two. If you do have team member choices, equip him/them with BAZOOKAS! If one them miss, then you have others to take the helo out.

Hi Saloei,
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    the only way to destroy the heli is with another teammate?
    the commander said in the start of the mission: "in this mission you are on your own mitchel" - so i think maybe there should be another way. what do you think?
    Roni

but before the commander says that you are on your own / before you click "launch mission", you must click on a team member and then click "assign" (and give them weapons etc.).
    I'm sorry but I don't believe it, that you have to do it on your own. I've never heard of that.. I think you forgot to choose team members.

Banned
    When he said "you are on your own", he ment without Air or Ground support to assist you except for your team.

I don't recall if you can shoot down the Helos with your assault weapons but even if you did, you better be picking up all the ammo and weapons from all the killing cos you're gonna be a while.

The helo will not go down because you actually damaged it but because of all that lead weight you'll pour on it...

Dear Want2Snipe, progast & Saloei ,

You Are Right!
    There is another tab in the "launch mission" screen where i can select team mates like the sniper and more people.
    I never saw it and never used it before.
    I got half crazy trying to destroy the heli by my own.
    Thank you very much and keep helping other people
    Roni.

Banned
    Dear? surely you jest!

Glad you got it going. Now, doe't ever let me catch you calling me Dear again or my wife won't let me come to the forums

Hi! I´m just doing same mission alone. I didn´t choose any team mates. First helo is destroyed successfully. I found some rockets in fourth tower, but can´t use them because they don´t lock the target and helo is moving away every time. How I have to target and shoot to get positive result?

Those are rocket propelled grenades. They don't lock on. They're for the bad guys vehicles. But if you can time it perfectly, you can hit the helo. Do you have any quaterbacking skills?

Hello Verx69,
    I had exatly the same problem as you,
    and it was very frustrating.
    The only solution I found after a hundred tries is to START TO MISSION AGAIN.
    and now choose 2 team mates to your crew.
    It's true that mitchel say on the start that "YOU HAVE TO DO IT ON YOUR OWN" but it doesn't mean you cannot assign team mates to the mission.
    Just before you click "launch mission", you must click on a team member and then click "assign" (and give them weapons etc.). Protect him all the way to the helis. When the helis come just order him to take it out and he will do it within seconds. just like that, no problem at all.
    Its the only way i succeed doing that and i really tried a lot because i wanted to finish the game.
    Try it out and it will be ok i promise.
    Good Luck
    Roni

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast