Thread: Multiplayer finally works now! | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity Season Pass Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-Op Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-op Heist Mission Commented Demo [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

I've did open port 1000, didn't seem to do anything.

But I did this,
    Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
    Please see the Readme.txt file located in the install directory - or the pinned thread at the top of the forum.

'If it is not possible to shut-down your firewall, you will need to configure your router or firewall to allow port 1000 (UDP & TCP) for the best possible connection. Some other ports you may need to open are as follows:

44301 [UDP & TCP] - PunkBuster Service
    45301 [UDP & TCP] - PunkBuster Service
    49928 [UDP & TCP] - Uplay Service'

How you enable that - depends on the type and make of your router - so you should either contact the maker or your ISP for details.
    When I open 44301, 45301, 49928.

It seem to work now, played alot of games.
    Make sure you reset the modem/router even tho it says the port is open.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I believe what you have posted is in the FAQ located at:

http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com...9zaWQvbllsOGdCcGs%3D

I do also emphasize that it is not only port 1000, but the 8 or so others too, all are needed to be able to play online, this is because the anti-cheat called punkbuster needs ports open aswell to be able to function (to check your system for cheats). In particular I think why 1000 is mentioned alot is because some ISP's have this disabled due various reasons to protect its users more.

Lucky for me I didn't have to do any of this!

I forwarded all of those ports, and still no improvement for me :/

What is the IP for those ports?

I forwarded all of those ports and it still isn't finding any games.

Forwarding those ports won't do you any good if your router is behind NAT as well. Thats actually pretty common nowadays, when organizations such as RIPE who give away IP address pool to the ISP are giving harsher terms before they do.
    Easiest way to test if your port is actually forwarded would be to use - for example - uTorrent port check functionality. Don't use those websites that offer port checking, because it won't work if you don't have anything listening on said port - it will just timeout as if it was firewalled.

By the way, this FAQ lacks information on with ports should be opened for incoming traffic and with for outgoing (or both). You need to forward ports only on incoming traffic, while for outgoing its sufficient to just open firewall for them.

By the way #2:
    Port forwarding != opening port. You can have forwarded port but still firewalled it. You can have opened port on your firewall, didn't forward it and be just fine (if its just for outgoing traffic). FAQ is not specific enough.

I check my ports with Portforward.com 's portchecker program.

It calls that port to see if it's open.

And now it don't work anymore... So weird :| Are people playing multiplayer at all? :|

Originally posted by DevotedDex:
    And now it don't work anymore... So weird :| Are people playing multiplayer at all? :|
    Maybe you just got lucky that one time. I was able to play 7 matches in a row on Monday. Since then I've spent a few hours in matchmaking without being able to play any match.

Originally posted by VeryFluffy:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DevotedDex:
    Maybe you just got lucky that one time. I was able to play 7 matches in a row on Monday. Since then I've spent a few hours in matchmaking without being able to play any match. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    This is CLEARLY Ubi's fault.
    If this won't be fixed within one month I will claim my money back and I believe I have the law on my side when you buy a car, you can't just deliver a car with just some pieces of it work while some doesn't. Doesn't work like that. And right now, multiplayer really fails!